Username: Password:

Author Topic: Need info on my DIME  (Read 3138 times)

Offline fjordrob

• View Profile
Need info on my DIME
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:17:32 AM »
Ok here it is , i ve been given a Dime (yes given)  i know its black jack because of the black finish and i think its a 98. The thing is nothing that written on it beside Dimebag Darrell signature model on the head stock ( beside the washburn logo and DIME in big) nothing in the back but the serial number. I ve been reading that some have a razor blade and etc ...but mine nothing .  Or 3 on the rode hiding part , or 333 somewhere , but mine...nothing . IT look like a black jack 333 but like i said there some details missing . Yes its set neck , all black , floyd ( licensed) and theres a wasburn pickup (621)on the neck but the bridge one is a seymour nothing written on it beside seymour duncan....to my ears it sound like a jeff beck..... no way to know where its made but i think it might be korea just because i ve been reading that real floyd are on the 3 models its why i think its a 333....so anyone can help me here because i dont know on which feet dancing here.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Need info on my DIME
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:29:11 AM »
Welcome, It would help if you have some pictures. There is a few guys on here that can help you for sure. but it would speed things up if there were pics already. I know very little about the Dimes, I just know I like to look at them.  LOL..  Your lucky it was given to you, as there really are no "cheap"  ones.  Tom.   :)

Offline Dave Seven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »
Hi guys...please help me,im from italy i have a dime signature ,serial number is D 950345..I need to understand where made in.... :( usa/korea where?? please help me

Offline 87 Rampage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:57:51 AM »
Ok here it is , i ve been given a Dime (yes given)  i know its black jack because of the black finish and i think its a 98. The thing is nothing that written on it beside Dimebag Darrell signature model on the head stock ( beside the washburn logo and DIME in big) nothing in the back but the serial number. I ve been reading that some have a razor blade and etc ...but mine nothing .  Or 3 on the rode hiding part , or 333 somewhere , but mine...nothing . IT look like a black jack 333 but like i said there some details missing . Yes its set neck , all black , floyd ( licensed) and theres a wasburn pickup (621)on the neck but the bridge one is a seymour nothing written on it beside seymour duncan....to my ears it sound like a jeff beck..... no way to know where its made but i think it might be korea just because i ve been reading that real floyd are on the 3 models its why i think its a 333....so anyone can help me here because i dont know on which feet dancing here.
Sounds to me like you have a korean 333.Without going into details of everything,a couple of the easiest ways to tell the difference is that a USA Dime3 will have a diamond volute on the back of the headstock and a rounded neck joint instead of the flat Gibson style neck joint the 333 has.Hope this helps.

Offline Dreamsofwashburn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »
Hey Dave Seven i messaged you, check your inbox.