Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hey Webguy and Nick ( ANYBODY )  (Read 3297 times)

ship of fools

Hey Webguy and Nick ( ANYBODY )
« on: January 07, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
Maybe you guys can tell us why there isn't a commitment to the Canadian market from Jam regarding Washburn guitars, to be honest its not really convenient to keep going to Washington State to see any guitars and even those are getting really hard to find. So it begs the question as to who are you guys selling to.
I know that because you have a new owner its hard to say what is going on but isn't it worse to not have any product for folks to try and play and MOST IMPORANTLY to buy that's what keeps you in business and if there is nothing out there then there can't be much cash coming in from but say new old stock.
So how about someone getting on the phone to Jam Industries in Montreal and ask the important question, do we Canadians not count and when can we expext someone to come out here and start getting us some shops to visit and buy from.
Just saying a bit more money is better then none. a very disappointed Ship of Fools in western Canada

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
Re: Hey Webguy and Nick ( ANYBODY )
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
Ship, apparently the powers to be are not a believer in the old adage,"You can't do business with an empty truck". A very wise and unsophistcated produce peddler enlightened me with these words of wisdom. I think they apply to the guitar business also.

Murph

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
I live in S. IL. and cant find new Washburn's. I am not spending 500.00 + on something I can not see and touch first. If I ever get to Ind, there is a big box GC there, but 100 miles away. I will gamble 1 or 2 hundred on a guitar. Tom.  :)

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »
Similar issues in the UK. Hundreds of sites to buy from, but I don't wanna drop 400 on a guit I've never played. And I know of only a handful of bricks and mortar stores that sell washburns and none are anything like accessible to me.

Offline philpm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:46 PM »
Tom, I'm nearly in the same boat.  Since Funky Munky is apparently no longer a Washburn dealer, that leaves only GC here in town that sells any Washburns at all, and at most I'll see maybe one, if they have any at all.  The next nearest dealer is about 90 miles from me.  I've talked to the owners of my neighborhood shop to see about them becoming a dealer, but I get the feeling that getting a hold of anyone is an interesting proposition.
On and off newbie player for about 20 years.

'08 Washburn WD-114SK (currently residing in Denver)
'10 Washburn WMJ11S
'09 Cherry Epiphone Dot
'13 Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 02:20:50 AM »
I have more Washburn's than the stores around here,I now have 8 of them. Tom.  :)    Thats both of them together.

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »
Wow. This is a discouraging thread. I didn't realize they were so scarce, and Boogie Street and Funky Monkey getting out....gee whiz.

It's surprising to me, because the D10 has long been a high profile ubiquitous and well regarded guitar. You'd think that could be leveraged into some type of consistent market presence. Here's hoping that the Washburn name can avoid another lapse into obscurity like it did from the 40's to the late 70's. Rudy really pulled something off with it's re-emergence.

My Cherokee is going nowhere. And If I can score a USA Idol, P series or E series, I will in a heartbeat, but these all represent an bygone era, it would seem.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

ship of fools

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »
I get it that they owe us no explanation as to what their market strategies are but ( I hope you don't mind webguy ) this was the answer I received from webguy when asking about a guitar

Re: (No subject)WCG25SCE
« Sent to: ship of fools on: November 26, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »Reply
Delete

Hello Ship,
WCG25SCE will be arriving in our warehouse in a few weeks. You can place an order with your nearest Washburn dealer. The Custom Shop never closed and is always busy with USA Washburns, mostly Nuno signature models. We will be introducing 2 USA made acoustic guitars at the NAMM show in January.

So where do I go and see one and give it a try out, love the looks and the wedge and so forth but it won't help if I cannot play and judge for myself if its something I would buy. So does this mean they are just going to tease us with guitars that we can't buy.
I am trying to be positive but its really hard to say something positive when I cannot buy anything.ship

ship of fools

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »
Well I heard from a rep  of Jams from Eriksonmusic.com ( Tony Collaci ) who are distributors for Jam Industries and they are trying to find a dealer near me to see if I can try out some of the guitars. Nice fellow and lets hope that we can find something.ship