Username: Password:

Author Topic: X50PROFE Korea vs Indonesia?  (Read 3342 times)

Offline j4q0

• View Profile
X50PROFE Korea vs Indonesia?
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »
Hi,

I've been researching on internet and reading several comments about these guitars on this forum and I still have a question about the quality of the different versions. Is there a real difference between the Indonesia made and the Korea made X50PROFE?

I found 2 of these from different years and each from different country of manufacture and I would like opinions on which would be the best option.
Both are the same model but they only differ in color. One is natural finish and the other one is see through black.

I hope somebody can shed some light on the difference in quality of these guitars.

Thank you!!

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: X50PROFE Korea vs Indonesia?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:13:37 AM »
I had a Indo X50 black, did not like the neck and frets ends.  Other wise nice guitar.  I had a D10TR Korean. I wish the same guys that made it, also made most my other guitars. IMHO  Korean over Indo.  Tom.  :)

Offline j4q0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02:52 PM »
Thanks for your input TY.
What was the problem with the neck and the frets on that particular X50? Was it a X50PRO?

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 05:31:57 PM »
Regular X50 I posted on here some were about it.   Neck felt odd, and sharp fret ends that could of used a little more work. I felt the neck was done half a##ed.    Sounded great, paint perfect, listed like 800.00 US.  You read through here , and you will find others that prefer Korean over Indo. Japan over every thing but USA. But I also think it depends on the individual guitar.  I just bought a China WMJ21S, and can not find any fault with it, and I have looked hard , as I got it new, cheap.   But what really matters most, is what one reaches out to you, and you say,  I have to buy that.  Tom  :)

Offline j4q0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »
Tom thanks for your input.

I'm currently between 2 X50PRO and a recently found N6.

By any chance do you happen to know anything about the N6?  I'm not very familiar with that particular version of the N4's

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
NO never seen one, and  there is not much N talk on here.  Tom.  :)

Offline antant

• View Profile
    • http://antantgear.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 03:35:38 AM »
Hi, I have a Korean and an Indo. Check here http://antantgear.blogspot.gr/ , I think the Korean is a notch better, but with eyes closed, you might think they are the same. Now they both have the 81/85 set. I also changed the bridges to TonePros, they were both doubtable, the Indo was worse. I personally do mods, they both are great guitars and underrated a lot. Whatever you want, send an email, you can find it on the top of my blog. Keep on rockin!

Offline antant

• View Profile
    • http://antantgear.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 03:43:42 AM »
Sorry , the bridges were GraphTech, my memory didn't work here!

Offline davef2f

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
I own several x50's. Korean ones are better quality.  The first couple years of Indonesia models are not bad, they are still good. But after that the quality nose dives. With x50's older is better. IMO.