Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help me figure this Washburn X Series Model  (Read 8375 times)

Offline leonard8488

• View Profile
Help me figure this Washburn X Series Model
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:26:53 AM »
Someone is selling me this model, which he says is a Washburn X12 MGY , that is made in china, that's all the info he got.  My question is whether the neck is replaced with another model which is an X11 which has a maple finger board.  As far as I know X12s come with a rosewood  fingerboard.  Can anyone also help me figure out the serial number of this particular guitar.  Thanks! 

Here are the pics of a Washburn X12 from Google...

And here are the pics sent to me by the seller...

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:37:49 AM by leonard8488 »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Help me figure this Washburn X Series Model
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »
 Welcome.  If your first two numbers are  00 thats what they look like. Than 2000 year.  Or  OC  than 2009  China.    Also remember just because one pic shows something don't mean all of that model are the same.   Tom.   :)

Offline leonard8488

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:34:21 PM »
Welcome.  If your first two numbers are  00 thats what they look like. Than 2000 year.  Or  OC  than 2009  China.    Also remember just because one pic shows something don't mean all of that model are the same.   Tom.   :)

Thanks Tom, owner said it's made in china and it looks like it's OC, do you think this one is legitimate?  Can't seem to find X12s with a maple fingerboard.  :)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:25:44 AM »
Thats hard to say.  when you get the guitar you will be able to tell better.  From here I can not tell.  Tom.  :)

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 03:49:16 AM »
If by "legitimate" you mean "not a forgery"... well, yeah.  ;)

To be blunt, the X-10/-11/-12 is a barrel-bottom axe -- okay, they tend to play nice & sound good, but they're not collectible & never will be. They sold for $250 new, & right now in impossibly pristine condition MIGHT blue-book at $200... though the current Music-Go-Round price for a decent X-10 is $69.99.

A previous owner might've swapped necks, or it's a fluke from early or late in the run.

If you're shying away from buying it, then DON'T BUY IT. That's just a case of Buyer's Remorse waiting to happen.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/