Username: Password:

Author Topic: Any reviews or comments for the Washburn WC150SW  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Harley90

• View Profile
Any reviews or comments for the Washburn WC150SW
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:14:10 AM »
Looking to grab a classical after getting rid of my Ramirez 1E, I like the traditional classical and the 150 looks promising and the price is great. I have not found any to play but looking for some feedback. Thanks for any reply's!

Offline funkytoaster

• View Profile
Re: Any reviews or comments for the Washburn WC150SW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »
Did you ever pick one up?  Price is tempting, I picked up the wc750swce a few weeks ago and I am very satisfied.  Volume is good, considering it is a cutaway and the pickup system is superb.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »
Looking to grab a classical after getting rid of my Ramirez 1E, I like the traditional classical and the 150 looks promising and the price is great. I have not found any to play but looking for some feedback. Thanks for any reply's!

While I don't have one of the WC150SW models, I do have the C124SW(K).  I must admit that if it had been available when I bought my $6K concert grade classical, I would have never spent that $$.  The C124SW is ALMOST the equal to the Hippner, it only lacks the volume (the Hip Hauser has the thinnest soundboard I have ever seen on ANY guitar...master grade redwood.

My C124SW has a floating arm-rest....wish Washburn would have continued that feature, it sure is NICE!

I don't know how many WC150SW's were made, but only 24 C124SW's were ever received by Washburn, so their high end classical guitars seem to be made in quite limited quantities.

Hope you'll post pics if you get one!!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Darren Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Harley90

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06:43 PM »
Thanks for the replys, haven't done it yet but glad to here some positive comments.