Username: Password:

Author Topic: Backorders???  (Read 3573 times)

Offline drown000

• View Profile
Backorders???
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »
I've been awaiting delivery (through a reputable and respected dealer) of a B9 B five string banjo since mid December. The instrument (a gift) has been on back order now for 2 1/2 months. Almost weekly, the expected delivery date (through dealers nationwide)  has been pushed further and further back. Has there been some problem with manufacture/distribution that I should have known about? The wait seems both extraordinary and no doubt detrimental to the brand?

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
Re: Backorders???
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »
Newby, welcome to the forum. You might pose this question to customer service for a more direct answer to your question. Better yet, call them they are not that hard to deal with.  Murph

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Backorders???
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:38 PM »
I had the same issue with a Gibson product....an Epiphone Masterbilt guitar.  The online dealer from which I ordered it promised and then broke those promises at least 6 times over the span of 2 years...from a company as well respected and large as Gibson!

I think the issue is volume...this was probably one of Gibson's lowest volume guitars, although there was huge demand for it on the Gibson/Epiphone forum.  Same with the Washburn...I bet they don't sell many banjos, so it takes some time to drum up enough demand for them to make a production run.

....either that or it was this year's model and they have already dropped it from the product line.  It seems to many of us that Washburn models come and go with surprising rapidity....get 'em while the gettin's good!!!

I hope your order comes in soon....Washburn's banjos seem to be rather pricey to me...I would expect them to be of high quality!

Have you found anyone online with them in stock?

Cheers, and good luck!!!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC