Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rover transducer pickup  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Stevebar48

• View Profile
Rover transducer pickup
« on: March 01, 2013, 01:22:32 PM »
Just got my new Rover and like it a lot. Neck is as good as any 300 guitar that I have played and the case must be worth at least thirty quid so the guitar itself is a bargain at 100 delivered. I'd like to amp it and I see that the ROMP EZ pickup is pretty much impossible to get in the UK, anybody tried a transducer? If so, where did you get the best sound? I want to get a bit of that banjo feel so not wanting it to sound like a full size dreadnought (like that was going to happen). Cheers.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Rover transducer pickup
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:10:08 PM »
Welcome.  If you search Rover on here, there is at least one thread on here discussing  juicing the Rover I can remember.   Tom.  :) 

Offline Stevebar48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 01:14:34 AM »
Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I have searched through the forum and although there are a couple of threads discussing the ROMP EZ pickup there doesn't appear to be anything on contact pickup placement on the Rover. Perhaps I should get a couple of cheap piezo transducers and do some experimenting so that I can answer my own question and post the results here  ;)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 02:06:49 AM »
Now that you mention it, that is the one.  I am sure if you do, someone down the road will be happy when they do a future search, and find your post.  Tom :)