Username: Password:

Author Topic: My Washburn Monterey  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Billfw

• View Profile
My Washburn Monterey
« on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »
Hello Folks!  I was wandering if anyone can help me?  I have had my Washburn since 1985.  I bought it for £150.  It has model number 612014.  Can anyone out there possibly tell me where I can get more information on it?  Some people tell me it's not worth getting revarnished.  Is this the case? I tried putting a picture on here but couldn't work out how to!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:47:31 PM by Billfw »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: My Washburn Monterey
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »
Welcome.  Is it a Festival Series guitar, If so, to me it would be worth whatever you want to spend. A old Festival is what I want some day.  Look up the Festival section on here in the acoustic section and see if it is what you have.  Tell us what all the numbers inside are, or take close up pics of them.  here is how lots of us post pics here.   Tom.  :)  http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,21807.0.html

Offline Billfw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 03:39:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply Tom but I did actually say it was a Monterey which I think is nothing to do with the Festival series.  I have also supplied the number but, in case you missed it, it is 612014.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »
Is it is like this Monterey half way down the page?  Sorry,  but this is the only Monterey I know of.  That is your serial number,  not your model number. :)  So after you no exactly what model,  it will be easier to tell which 6 it is.  :)  Or if you had bought it in 86 new,  that would make it easier, or if they were made in 76.    It looks like I need to by a book.  LOL.  With out pics, this is kinda like playing a guessing game.  But I don't get out much in the winter, so I enjoy this.  Of course if a Monterey fan comes along, it will speed things up.  :)    Tom.  :)    P.S. Is it a full size dread?   Or a solid body electric?    :)  http://www.paulgriggs.com/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:04:38 PM by t.y. »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 10:46:52 PM »
Just checked my link, you then have to click on," guitars I have known", then half way down the page.  His number starts off 82 and it is a 1982,  but I know yours is not a 1961.  :) 

Offline JosephAOrr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:56:16 AM »
Your Washburn Monterey is so amazing and I like that you write about it here to help people knowing about it. When I get the grab my essay review I read topics like this and that are helpful.