Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question about Washburn Dimebag Darrell Glitterdime???  (Read 3908 times)

Offline KittyKat3120

• View Profile
Question about Washburn Dimebag Darrell Glitterdime???
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
Hi!

First off... I have no knowledge of guitars as I do not play myself.  My husband however, has a guitar that I cannot find any information about.  I would like to find out as much as possible on it, so please help me if you know anything about it???

Here is what I know:

Its a Washburn Dimebag Darrell Guitar that he has called a Glitterdime, which I'm not even sure is its real name.  It is black/darkgreen glitter throughout and has a serial number of 00641.  I can post a picture once I get home tonight, but I have searched for it or something similar online and haven't been able to find anything.

Any help would be awesome!

Offline aggtex

• View Profile
Re: Question about Washburn Dimebag Darrell Glitterdime???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »
Post a PIC PLEASE, from PhotoBucket, will Help a LOT!

Offline aggtex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
GlitterDime, Been Doing this since 1995 & still of a New Dime Everyday!
Geez!
But with those serial #'s, it might be an Asian guitar , do not know for sure yet...
Hopefully we can find out soon!

Offline 87 Rampage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 10:06:42 AM »
Does it look like the guitar in the pictures below? As far as I know they made three versions of this run of guitars.They were green,purple and silver and I have heard they are very rare.I have a silver one (pictured below) but it's hard to see the metal flake in the pic because of the color of the guitar.I am going to talk to a guy I know that worked at Washburn and try to find out how many where actually built and if I do I will let you know.Oh and like Tex said,the serial number isn't right. Most likely it should be something like 0106041 instead of 00641 because I think I read somewhere that they only made these one year and that was 2001.Mine is 0103004. 01(year)03 (month) 004 (build number)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:26:33 AM by 87 Rampage »

Offline aggtex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »
And DON'T SELL IT, You might get guys trying to Lowball u on here, then they turn around & make a Fortune,if it's worth anything, until we find the INFO on this! Rampage lemme know if u cannot find the INFO. Cuz I might know the actual Builder & could email him tonight, though I had seen a Yellow one before too as well! I will email him shortly. If it has DIME , like your does on the Headstock those should be USA made , which is GOOD! Unless Japan did a Run, message you back once I hear! But yeah that totally looks like a USA DIME, again Japan is making some good Fakes these days! I am sure yours is Legit! ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:51:03 PM by aggtex »

Offline aggtex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 07:17:12 PM »
Is it just me or do the right Top Wings on the Body have a Different Thickness to them? My eyes are Bad!

Offline 87 Rampage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »
 Tex is right don't let somebody get you out of that guitar for nothing!
This info is straight from Chewy Dezynski which is the the guy that painted these.
They r pretty rare. The greenish one is called solar fire. I dont remember purple ones but I forget a lot of stuff we've because I've done so many. U r also correct on the way we serial# them. A lot of times we would have a batch of Dimes that couldnt b natural for whatever reason so they would just have us paint em whatever color we were doin that day.some would go to Dime but the salesman would come down & take pics & offer them to dealers as one offs. There's quite a few rare Dime Washburns out there.

Offline 87 Rampage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
Is it just me or do the right Top Wings on the Body have a Different Thickness to them? My eyes are Bad!
Your right I think.Mine is like the purple one,the body is slightly thinner and the edges are more rounded off than my other guitars!

Offline aggtex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 07:48:35 PM »
I see at least 2 New Dime 1 Off's a week! :o

Offline KittyKat3120

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 07:12:14 PM »
Thank you guys for the replies! I'm so sorry I haven't responded until now... All of these emails were marked spam.
 It is the dark green pictured at the top of Rampage's post. It does say Dime at the head as well.

I have pictures of the guitar but I can't figure out how to post them lol. I had the serial number wrong... It is 0005048.

My husband bought it in 2000 (he thinks) from a shop in Denver. He would walk to work and everyday he would stop in and play it for an hour at the shop. The store owner eventually asked if he would like to buy at a discounted price because he loved it so much. So he bought it and a few weeks later the store went out of business.

My husband has such a great history with this guitar and we don't want to sell it at this point. Our daughter is getting her first guitar and no doubt we will give it to her when she is old enough. We would love any additional information about it though. Thank you so much for all your help!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:23:01 PM by KittyKat3120 »

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »
Welcome back... but most of the "old timers" have drifted away in the intervening years.
Our daughter is getting her first guitar and no doubt we will give it to her when she is old enough.
Wow -- any guesses on when she'll be old enough for a guitar worth $1,000-$3,000...? ;)

IMNSHO, what you NEED to do is walk it in to an actual quality-oriented guitar shop -- NOT a Guitar Center or Music-Go-Round or similar -- & have it properly appraised. And also be aware that an axe worth ~$1K on eBay can easily go for more through certain shops, & more than that at auction.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline 87 Rampage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 07:45:50 PM »
Hey Kat.I am sorry but I never found out any other info other than what I already posted.I did see one of the purple Dime's on Ebay awhile back and I believe it sold for $4,200.00 and it was just in average condition so that should give you an idea on what yours is worth.It looks like the link to the pic of mine is gone so here is mine again,it has the metal flake in it but it's a little hard to see it in the pic because the guitar is silver.I you want me to help you post the pics of your guitar send me a pm.

Offline Jerry Trent

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:12 PM »
 I know this is a really old thread so I apologize before hand. But I use to own a guitar identical to this very one. I was under the impression that it was a one off guitar. I bought it off eBay in 2005 and sold it back again on eBay in mid 2006. The color I was told that it was called from the original owner was "Bass boat green" The one I had was very distinct because it had a very light colored fretboard. Mine as well had black painted sides and back. There was no razor blade sticker or custom shop logo on the back of the headstock. It was just stamped a serial number and below that stamped made in the USA and you had to hold it in the light just right to read it. I thought this was my old guitar when I saw the pic and I would love to have it back.