Username: Password:

Author Topic: Buzz problem  (Read 2911 times)

Offline blitz667

• View Profile
Buzz problem
« on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
Hi everybody!
Few months ago I've purchased Washburn x200v PRO. Unlike her very similar sister x200 pro, that has got EMG pickups, mine is carrying  Seymour Duncans: '59(neck) and custom custom(bridge). Now i don't know why, but it produces this buzz on both pickups and it can get very annoying. The buzz intensity changes depending on my position but it is never gone.

I was thinking of putting copper foil inside pickup holes but I'm not sure if it would completely remove the buzzing noise and since it is a new guitar I don't want to disassemble it yet. I have played it Fender Frontman 15G, Roland CUBE 40XL and Orange AD15 and the buzz is always there.
It is bearable when it is on clean, but I've bought that guitar hoping that it would have nice, juicy metal distorsion.

Please help me! I would very much appreciate your advices.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Buzz problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
 Welcome, my LP copy had a terrible hum.  I put in all new wiring and switch and jack, and new pups. it rocks now.  Sounds like you have a grounding problem.  Mine was a ground problem.   Also things in your house like monitors and lights can cause you problems. And a bad ground or wire a little loose in the wall can cause you noise problems.  The problem does not have to be on the wall socket your using .  Voice of experience,  LOL.  Also when I would touch the strings or bridge or metal knobs it would get quiet.   This is what you get for buying a 104.00 copy of a 2,000.00 guitar,  LOL.  Tom.  :)

Offline blitz667

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 03:18:26 AM »
I checked the wiring and grounding and it seems to be OK. I am definitely sure that there are no lose wires in the wall. So you are saying that changing both knobs and pickup switch should fix the problem?

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
I completely gutted mine, but yes,  I had a bad ground hum, and now it is gone.  The only thing original is the ground wire, from back of bridge.  Also are you sure of a good ground for your amp,  and in your amp.  Is your amp only noisy with this guitar? if it is  only this guitar, than I would have a tech check all your grounds in the guitar, and go from there.  You might have a bad connection or  pot or switch or jack.   Tom.  :)  OK reread your post problem on more than one amp.  So I would say it is a ground problem, that can come from a bad solder connection or  bad switches and pots.  Voice of experience, easier and faster to just change every thing.  :)   Did you clean all the electronics?  Just because there new does not mean they been sitting a while somewhere. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:02:50 AM by t.y. »

Offline blitz667

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »
Thank you very much for your advices Tom!! I guess I'll have to do the same thing with my guitar as you did with yours ASAP. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »
I  agree, faster n will take care of the problem .  Plus you know what is in your guitar.  Were I live good  500k Gibson pots and switches are just a few dollars more. About 6.00 & 7.00 apiece.  Of course like anything else,  there are more expensive ones, but mine are  hum free. Tom.  :)      I changed even wire & harness, complete gutting of electronics.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:53:08 PM by t.y. »