Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hard shell case review for EA20SNB  (Read 7774 times)

Offline shine

• View Profile
Hard shell case review for EA20SNB
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »
I'm reviewing to buy one guiar and hard case.
They are as below.

Guitar: EA20SNB  (Nuno Bettencourt Signature Electro Acoustic Guitar)
Hard case: (GCMJDLX) Washburn Petite Jumbo Deluxe Acoustic Guitar Case

Plz refer to the link below.

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Washburn-EA20SNB-Nuno-Bettencourt-Signature-Electro-Acoustic-Guitar/PO4

But I'm not sure that the case is fitted with EA20SNB

I found Washburn festival series spec show as below from WWW.WASHBURN.COM

EA12, EA14, EA15 => case: GCEADLX
EA20 => case: GCMJDLX
EA10 => case: GPJDLX

If then, What case is fitted with EA20SNB ?

I'll wait for your response.

If All of above hard case not matched, plz recommend one thing !

And, I have a question. Is the dimension of EA20 same with EA20SNB ?

Thanks.

Offline giupetto

• View Profile
Update 9/3/2015: Hard shell case review for EA20SNB
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
original message: according to Washburn, an e-mail I just received, the correct case for the EA20SNB will be GCEADLX2 because the GCEADLX does not fit the guitar - it will be released later this year ..... Washburn suggests to pre-order this case if you have or are getting the EA20SNB ....... I'm doing it

update 2/5/2015 ...... after a year of questions, it turns out the Washburn factory mistakenly made the EA20SNB in 2 different sizes ...... the GCEADLX2 case does not fit all the EA20SNB guitars ..... I will attempt to attach a picture, with dimensions, of my guitar, which sounds fantastic ........ Washburn is still looking for a solution for all of us who bought the oversized model ...... repeating, the GCEADLX2 case does NOT fit my guitar ...... by the way, the GCMJDLX is about 2 inches too deep and too heavy for the EA20SNB, defeating the theory of a smaller guitar .......  if i cannot post a picture, e-mail me and I will forward you a picture .... kenpocrown@aol.com

don't bother looking for a Washburn case for the oversized EA20SNB (Washburn made a larger sized EA20SNB - by mistake) ..... they screwed up and they are not making a case for this oversized EA20SNB ...... so basically, if you own the larger EA20SNB, Washburn is telling you to go jump in a lake - no soup for you! ..... pathetic attitude from Washburn

FINAL UPDATE 9/3/2015

we're in luck .... okay then ...... just found the perfect case for my oversized EA20SNB and it's a perfect fit ..... buy the Taylor Grand Auditorium Case, not the Washburn GCEADLX2 ... a beautiful case .... should be about $160 which is what I paid, and it's worth every penny
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:13:38 PM by giupetto »

Offline giupetto

• View Profile
Re: Hard shell case review for EA20SNB
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:13:54 AM »
by the way, nobody will take a pre-order for the case because it is not in production, and there is no sku number  and no price as of 9-3-2013 ..... will have to check back in several weeks

ordered case thru Sweetwater ...... Washburn says case will be released about 2 weeks into December .... by the way, the EA20SNB guitar is fantastic

update 1/3/14 ..... although the GCEADLX2 case has been released, it does not fit the EA20SNB guitar as intended ..... Washburn is re-producing the case and I will update this post when I receive the correct case ..... Washburn and Sweetwater have been very nice about this snafu - it wasn't their fault

the correct case for the EA20SNB guitar (whiich sounds fabulous) is still the GCEADLX2 ..... Washburn has had a problem getting the case sized correctly but the problem has been solved and the case should be available around July 2014 .....

don't bother looking for a Washburn case for the oversized EA20SNB (Washburn made a larger sized EA20SNB - by mistake) ..... they screwed up and they are not making a case for this oversized EA20SNB ...... so basically, if you own the larger EA20SNB, Washburn is telling you to go jump in a lake - no soup for you! ..... pathetic attitude from Washburn

we're in luck .... okay then ...... just found the perfect case for my oversized EA20SNB and it's a perfect fit ..... buy the Taylor Grand Auditorium Case, not the Washburn GCEADLX2 ... a beautiful case .... should be about $160 which is what I paid, and it's worth every penny
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:43:04 PM by giupetto »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
The EA20SNB is one of the guitars on my watch list.  Not seen one used yet, but nice info for  use latter on.   Tom. :)   

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
 Does anyone know if the case for the ea20snb has been released yet? Had my ea20snb imported to the UK months ago but still no case and winters here... Would be helpful if one of the Washburn guys could find out and tell us!
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline black7and7gold

• View Profile
    • http://www.ford.com
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 08:43:30 AM »
I can confirm the case GCEADLX2 does *NOT* fit the guitar EA20SNB.

I just received both yesterday,  in seperate packages because they don't fit!

:o

Sweet guitar...no case to be found...
Cheers!
†

Offline psp742

• buy, upgrade, learn to play.. yup!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.squier-talk.com
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 07:23:03 AM »
I have a 90' Washburn Festival EA20B 'Newport' (I'm assuming it has the same dimensions as the EA20SNB)

I bought a used case and as you can see it fits my EA20B (note: it is not a Washburn case) I believe its by 'Guitar Research' I will try and measure the outer and inside..

picture:

Dimensions:
EXTERNAL
Length (body + neck)    45"
Width (widest area)       17 7/8"
Height (body thickness)  8"

INTERNAL
Length  (body + neck)  43 1/4"
Width (widest area)      16"
Height (body thickness) 5"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:03:01 PM by psp742 »
88 Force ABT B-30 MR
90 Festival EA20B
94 Bantam XB600 BkFlam
96 Bantam XB400 Bttrsctch
97 Maverick BT-4 Tobaccobrst
98 Maverick BTM MR/DMB
98 Bantam XB-500 Bk
98 Maverick BT-6 MtlFlkBk
01 RB2000 Bk
04 WG587 MR
05 Xseries X-33 Bk
05 Idol WI64 Bk
05 Idol WI36 Bk
14 WCG18CE Na
84 Wing T-bird Brwnbrst

Offline giupetto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »
the correct case for the EA20SNB guitar (whiich sounds fabulous) is still the GCEADLX2 ..... Washburn has had a problem getting the case sized correctly but the problem has been solved and the case should be available around July 2014 .....

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 12:50:34 PM »
 I cant believe that its taken so long- and we'll have to be careful not to be palmed off with the old cases that don't fit!
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline giupetto

• View Profile
Update 2/5/15: Hard shell case review for EA20SNB
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 04:51:29 PM »
update 2/5/2015 ...... after a year of questions, it turns out the Washburn factory mistakenly made the EA20SNB in 2 different sizes ...... the GCEADLX2 case does not fit all the EA20SNB guitars ..... I will attempt to attach a picture, with dimensions, of my guitar, which sounds fantastic ........ Washburn is still looking for a solution for all of us who bought the oversized model ...... repeating, the GCEADLX2 case does NOT fit my guitar ...... by the way, the GCMJDLX is about 2 inches too deep and too heavy for the EA20SNB, defeating the theory of a smaller guitar .......  if i cannot post a picture, e-mail me and I will forward you a picture .... kenpocrown@aol.com

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:47:15 PM by giupetto »

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 06:29:35 AM »
Here's Tom's tutorial on how to post photos:

http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,21807.0.html

Just curious...any idea how those of us who are not very familiar with the EA series could know whether an EA model we are looking to buy is the larger or smaller of the two sizes they made?

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline giupetto

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 10:03:38 PM »