Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1970s D66SW Prairie Song Custom  (Read 3036 times)

Offline lambedavid

• View Profile
1970s D66SW Prairie Song Custom
« on: May 17, 2013, 01:30:07 PM »
Hi, Folks
=========

I have a vintage D66SW, purchased in the 1970s.  I am the original owner.  The serial number is 780677.

I'm thinking of selling it, but would like to know what it's worth.  It's in very good shape, still has the original case.  Very well cared for, and of course sounds terrific.

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.

--  David Lambe

ship of fools

Re: 1970s D66SW Prairie Song Custom
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
Wow its a 1978 and they are great guitars and very undervalued. I would like tell you that its worth a small fortune but alas thats not going to be the case unless someone knows what it is and understands that they were some of the very best of that time and were almsot equal to Martins in build construction. But getting back to your question it can sell for between $300.00 for a very low to a high of around $600.00 and with the case $650.00 and I believe it was made at the Yamaki factory where a lot of great Washburn were produced and as close ot a handbuilt for the time. They just seem to have made some extremely well solid wood guitars from Yamaki. Good luck with your sale I remember the last one I played was a joy.ship

Offline Morguns1cam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:09 AM »
David , is your D66SW still for sale? I would be interested!
Morguns1cam

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 07:35:03 PM »
David , is your D66SW still for sale? I would be interested!
Morguns1cam

I looked at David's profile and see that the last time he checked in on the forum was the date he posted the original post in May.

You would be better off sending him a PM (Personal Message) through the forum....that is IF he has left his email address on his profile.  If not, chances are you won't hear back from him.

If he set up his profile with his email address, you stand a chance...but you'll need a certain number of posts to be able to send a PM....I think it might be 10, but it's been a long time and the forum software changed since the last time I checked.  At any rate, whatever number you need, they'll be easy to achieve....just go to the "Show us your Washburn" section and post some oooohs and some aaaaahs about the beautiful guitars you'll see on there....you 'll see your post count go up quickly.

You'd be very lucky to get this guitar....not many come up.  Ship is right about the Yamaki quality, I own one of their guitars and it is among my best.

Cheers and good luck!!!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Morguns1cam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:52:20 AM »
Thanks Dugly, will do!
Morguns1cam