Username: Password:

Author Topic: I love my Rover  (Read 2379 times)

Offline joyceweaver

• View Profile
I love my Rover
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:26:18 PM »
I bought a Rover travel Washburn for motorcycle trips - my husband and I both play guitar.  We love it!  I'm also a guitar instructor, I take it to class, which allows me to travel light.  I'm also a professional bass player - is there any possibility that Washburn will ever develop a travel sized acoustic bass?  I already own an acoustic/electric Washburn bass that I've had for over 30 years now and use it regularly on all kinds of gigs.  I was just curious because we really like the mobility of the Rover!  Thanks!
Joyce Weaver
Burnet, Texas

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: I love my Rover
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »
Hi, Joyce!  Welcome to the forum!

I was just jamming with friends up by Burnet last weekend, at Granite Shoals, near Marble Falls.  Great country, to be sure!!

Washburn brings out unique pieces on a regular basis...the trick is to get them when they come out because Washburn does change it's line of offerings on a very regular basis.  High demand items like dreadnoughts seem to be regular, but if you want a Mini-Jumbo model you might even be too late right now.

We do have a board dedicated to bass guitars, perhaps they will be more knowledgeable than am I about the bass guitar history...Washburn might have already done what you want and it could be a matter of keeping your eye on eBay or CL.  Here's a link:

http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/board,9.0.html

Want to chat about your Rover?  Try this one:

http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/board,30.0.html

If you and your husband are acoustic musicians, we'd love to have you at the Acoustic Guitar board...we're all Washburn fans and music fans and we do have a fairly active group of Texas musicians. Try this:

http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/board,8.0.html

Watch out for the ones on the dark side...I bet you know what I mean  :o

Ever been to the monthly Bluegrass jamfest at Pearl, TX?  Not far from you, great musicians, lots of family oriented fun.  Do a search for the "Texas Washies" thread on the Acoustic Guitar Player board, authored by "Pappy".

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:33:30 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

ship of fools

Re: I love my Rover
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
Howdy Joyce yep they sure are fun little things to play I got mine back in 2006 or 07 and I have taken it on cruises on long and short trips and its perfect in scale and allows me to keep my fingers in good memory and I especially love it when ever I have to have a stay in the hospital and its perfect in that its quiet enough but still allows enough to volume so my neighbours where never disturbed in the other hospital rooms.
Not sure that they ever talked about making a small travel bass and not to sure that they could get one to sound even half decent for the strings to really ring the top.But you never know till one asks.ship