Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hoping to find the ever elusive Washburn Apache D51SW or Savannah D56SW in koa  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Peachlander77

• View Profile
Hoping to find and locate the ever elusive Washburn (Bourgeois) Apache or Savannah.

If you have one of these and ever would consider selling or trading, please let me know.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Welcome..   Good luck, if you do find one,  it is going to be costly. The guys on here that do have them, are real proud of them.  As you say, hard to find, and much sought after.   :)    Tom.  :)

ship of fools

I see you are still searching Peachlander, did you manage to sell your Kronbauer that you had up. Wasn't there one for sale recently on the other forum ( Savannah ).ship

Offline Peachlander77

• View Profile
Hi Ship, i did manage to sell a Kronbauer Mini Jumbo in a trade plus cash type deal.  I still have another Kronbauer MJ with stained Maple Back and sides and cedar top that I'd be willing to sell or trade if the right guitar comes along.  I have other guitars, too, of course.  So far the stars haven't aligned where i've managed to sell a guitar for full value and swing that money towards one of these elusive Washburns.  Thanks to your tips, I've gotten close but haven't been able to work out a suitable trade or cash deal yet because there's always bills or something else that comes up.  Every one you've recommended to me has been great to work with and I've kept all their contact info of course.  Things haven't quite fallen in to place as I had hoped.  Each person I've got to email about these Washburn's truly does understand what these are and most prefer to keep them and even pass them down as heirlooms.  As a owner of a Cherokee, I totally get it.  Unfortunately, withnwhere I'm at and the asking price haven't quite matched but we're getting there slowly.   When I do finally find that elusive guitar and everything falls into place, it just makes it that much better when things  finally work out.  Each guitar has a story, it's unique voice that for the good one's you kind of have to seek them out and when they call back to you, then i's the right time.  Hope all is well with you, Ship.  Thanks for all your tips and expertise.  I'm still learning that there is a lot to learn about Washburns.  Best regards, Brian.
PS - if you saw a Savannah on a different forum, I definitely missed that one and I'll have to keep my eyes open better not to miss the next one.

ship of fools

Hey Brian if you truly want a Dana B here was one that was up for sale haven't spoke to Jim to see if he sold it yet.
http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,22365.0.html
But I think it was one of two built by Dana, I am still loving my Kronbauer and almost was tempted by a Paragon being sold on AGF in Hawaii but the cost was just a little to much and then shipping to BC was just to high ( the Savannah was listed on AGF )ship.......how are the grapes looking on the hills
Nope my mistake it was a D-55SW but it finally sold
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:23:21 AM by ship of fools »

Offline Noun0

• View Profile
If you still looking at : http://www.woodman-shibuya.jp/st/view_detail.cgi?did=120902001  (Apache)
(i hope they're not speaking japanes only )  8)
Washburn D82SW  & D55SW Cherokee
Eastman E10D
Guild JF30
Gibson EC30 BKE
Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean
G&L Legacy HB
Telecaster CS US Jerry Donahue

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
The price is about $1,500-1,600 depending on the latest currency conversion.  That's not crazy.  Cost to ship, duties, etc.  will add a lot.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
They are truly something special. I tried, but can't bring myself to selling mine... I would sell my Savannah though...

Offline Noun0

• View Profile
Pike, about the Savannah, please let me know if you sell it, i'm dreaming about ... :o 8)  ...please  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:12:49 PM by Noun0 »
Washburn D82SW  & D55SW Cherokee
Eastman E10D
Guild JF30
Gibson EC30 BKE
Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean
G&L Legacy HB
Telecaster CS US Jerry Donahue

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Want to make an offer? There's a lot of play time on it now and it shows a bit of it. No longer mint but still 90+ %...

Offline washer

• View Profile
I have two bourgeois d51sw apache guitars and two d55sw cherokees and a d56sw savannah.  I would be willing to sell both d51sw apaches and one of the cherokees and will never part with the savannah.  All are in   near new condition with original washburn cases.