Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where can I get parts for my Davies N4?  (Read 2553 times)

Offline nevusofota

• View Profile
Where can I get parts for my Davies N4?
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:24 PM »
I recently picked up my second Davies N4 and need the following:

white/cream pu selector knob with the appropriate threads
volume knob
tight fitting case 
Kahler Steeler trem arm

It used to be easy to get accurate parts when the "old" Funky Munky store was around.  Jon really new his stuff.  Where should I go now? Direct from Washburn?  I contacted them a few months ago and the case was around $250  :o

Offline skeesik

• View Profile
Re: Where can I get parts for my Davies N4?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:14 AM »
I've used Gibson toggle switch tips on my N4s a time or two.  Perfect fit.  As for volume pot knobs, www.stewmac.com/ is a good place for these as well as many other parts.  For all your kahler needs, go here www.wammiworld.com/p8530.php.  I haven't purchased anything from them as I haven't needed any replacement parts, so I cannot speak about their service.

And, lastly, for a cheap Washburn N4 case, I think you'll just have to keep your eyes open for one to pop up on ebay.  Create a saved search for "Washburn N4 case" and ebay will email you once one pops up....saves you from having to constantly monitor ebay.

Good luck!
*skee

Offline nevusofota

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
I've used Gibson toggle switch tips on my N4s a time or two.  Perfect fit.  As for volume pot knobs, www.stewmac.com/ is a good place for these as well as many other parts.  For all your kahler needs, go here www.wammiworld.com/p8530.php.  I haven't purchased anything from them as I haven't needed any replacement parts, so I cannot speak about their service.

And, lastly, for a cheap Washburn N4 case, I think you'll just have to keep your eyes open for one to pop up on ebay.  Create a saved search for "Washburn N4 case" and ebay will email you once one pops up....saves you from having to constantly monitor ebay.

Good luck!
Q
Thanks for the info.  Hmmm I was told the Gibson pu knob had different threads.  Ill take it off one of my LP's and give it a try. 

I'll try stewmac for the volume knob.  Do you think they will have the exact one?

I went to wammiworld for a term arm for the kahler but they make them different now.  There is no bend in it awayw from the body.

Offline Rich Dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
I just bought an N4 that came in a Gator universal case that fits fine. Nothing weird about the fit.