Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn W N30 1970s?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline kyleelanae

• View Profile
Washburn W N30 1970s?
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »
Hi, I'm new here! I just pulled my dad's guitar out, and I'm completely unfamiliar with Washburns. All I know is that it says "Genuine Washburn style no. W N30 Serial No. 3426 Crafted of choice selected materials by skilled artisans in the Washburn tradition. Beckmen Musical Instruments, Inc. Los Angles," on the sound hole sticker. Also, he purchased it new in 1970's. The bridge is popped off but it doesn't look like anything irreparable. Otherwise it looks like it is in pretty good condition. I'll try to figure out how to post a picture. Does anyone know anything about this guitar, or maybe what it might be worth? Like I said, I don't know anything about Washburns so any information is appreciated! Thanks,
Kylee (:

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: Washburn W N30 1970s?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:28:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum  Your guitar was likely made in Japan.  Beckman was the importer.  No US made Washburns during that era.  Washburns from that era are a bit difficult to date with total certainty. 

The link is to Jim Smith's Washburn collection.  Scroll down the page and you'll see a WN60.  Just a guess but likely similar to you W N30.  Date range of 1974-76 is probably a good guess for your guitar.

http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Acoustic/JimSmithCollection5.html