Username: Password:

Author Topic: What kind of guitar is this - Washburn X-Series - full sized X-5?  (Read 2605 times)

Offline cheri-cheri

• View Profile
Hey everyone :)

I really need some help determining what type of Washburn x-series guitar I just bought...
I've been looking online for a while and it seems veryyyy similar to the X-5, but it has 24 frets - it's not a mini guitar, it's full size.
It has double humbuckers, no tremolo and is a metallic cherry red - in the picture below it looks just red but its metallic and high sheen.

just bought it used for 120$, decent price but i'd love to know what they retail for, what the specs are and what it's made out of, as well as any problems it may have!
it's made in China (there's a sticker), and the S/N is 0C02081918
If anyone has any idea what it might be, please let me know!

It's my first guitar and I really do love it so far, and would love to know more about it!!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:28:35 AM by cheri-cheri »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of guitar is this - Washburn X-Series - full sized X-5?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
Welcome, all I can help you with is it is made in 2002. The history on Washburn.com only goes up to 2000, and I cant find my pages on the X series guitars, as I used to own a X50. If someone don't help you in a day or two, bump this thread so it shows up again, and I will go through my stuff to see if I can find the pictures.   I think they all look about the same though.  AS in my years it was the pups that were different.  I think mine was a 09 and Indo made.  Tom.  :) Plus if I remember rite, mine had a carved top, But that might of been my HM24.    Yours looks flat except the arm relief. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:46:46 AM by t.y. »

Offline cheri-cheri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »
hey tom, thanks so much for the reply. i saw somewhere that it might be made in 2002 as well, and i cant believe it's that old! i looked through all the catalogues on washburns website and i see nothing that looks like this but has 24 frets! theres the x5 but it only has 22 so im very confuzzled , lol.

thinkin about giving washburn a call, hopefully they can help me if no one else can! but thanks for giving me a sure date. its in really good condition for being 11 years old so im shocked.

and yeah, its completely flat all over except for the arm relief, totally flat with no rounded edges or anything.

thank again for the reply! :) if you can find those pics that would be sweet!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:39:53 PM by cheri-cheri »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »
There is a X- 5 10 20 50  not sure how many more. The first 2 numbers on a 8 serial number are almost always the year, in your case it is.  Will look for pics.  Tom. :)