Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idol Wi66Pro-E For Sale  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Jotunheim123

• View Profile
Idol Wi66Pro-E For Sale
« on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:45 AM »
Hi guys,

I am selling my Washburn Idol Wi66Pro-E. This was a limited production run of 48 guitars. It is an upgrade of the traditional WiPro66 and includes

Triple A carved maple  top (this one is trans black)
Ebony fretboard
EMG Zakk Wylde 81/85 (active pickups)
Mahogany body
Stop tail with tune-o-matic bridge
2 piece mahogany set neck
Multi ply binding celtic cross inlay at 12th fret
EMG 85 neck & 81 bridge pickups (Zakk Wylde signature model)
Exclusive Grover 18:1 gear ratio tuners
24.75 inch scale
Buzz Feiten Tuning System

It plays great and is in very good condition with no dints or dings. For its age it is immaculate. I have had it professionally set up with a low action. This was my first guitar after a long lay off. I realise now that I prefer more of a bluesy tone. The pickups on this guitar can really scream. I did think about changing the EMG pickups, but with this being a limited run guitar, feel it would be a shame to change it from the original spec. Hence reason for selling. I bought it in 2011, but only used it practicing at home for 3 months. It has sat in its case ever since.

The active pickups are great for rock and metal playing. The thin neck is super fast. You can either PM me, or call my UK mobile +44 (0) 7900 694 667. The price is  £350 and includes a Stagg hard case (this is quite worn, but does the job of protecting the guitar).  Some photos below. A stunning guitar.

Many thanks for looking.

ps. I am not a photographer. I found it hard to eliminate shine and glare. Apologies. Let me know if you want more photos.

View of the carved maple AAA top. Note that on this model the pickup selector switch is on the top horn.

Triple binding view

Back of headstock, made in Korea, Buzz Feiten system, Serial number 06091032. I think the serial number means:
06- year
09- month
1032 - Number 32 in this series

EMG 81/85 Zakk Wylde signature active pickups

Abalone Celtic Cross on Ebony fingerboard

Headstock. No dings or dents.

The Idol body

Washburn Idol Wi-Pro66-E

You can either PM me call me on +44 (0)7900 694 667. I am in Liverpool in the UK. If you are local, feel free to view the guitar in person. I can post at buyer's cost and risk.