Username: Password:

Author Topic: Has anyone else experienced cosmetic flaws on their Washburn HB35  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Sextant1951

• View Profile
Hello...I am new to the forum and hope that I am posting my question/questions in the right section. Recently I purchased a Washburn HB35 and I must say I am very pleased with this guitar. One of the things I noticed about the cosmetic state of this particular guitar is that the skunk piping on the neck don't seem to be as clear as it should be. To explain, instead of being clear lines running the length of the neck, these lines are muddled and speckled with small spots of white paint. I've seen pictures (close ups) on line that shows the skunk piping on the HB35's presented, clear and not muddled or speckled in anyway. So what I am asking is if any HB35 owners at this forum have experienced the same with their HB35 guitars, vintage or recently produced. I have checked the guitar to determine if the guitar could be a B stock item but nothing tells me that it is, no B or 2 is stamped on the back of the headstock; etc. So, if this guitar is A stock it seems to me the piping would be up to par. I mean how common is this occurrence, or do I just chalk it up to bad QC. Don't mean to nitpick, but kind of curious as to how common of an occurrence is this.

Thanks in advance to all replies!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:52:36 AM by Sextant1951 »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone else experienced cosmetic flaws on their Washburn HB35
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
Welcome.  You are the first I have heard this from. Might be more on search, but in the three years or so I have been here, I do not remember any.  Like you, every one talks about how nice they sound and look.   Tom.  :)

Offline Sextant1951

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone else experienced cosmetic flaws on their Washburn HB35
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 08:37:48 AM »
Tom, thanks so much for the Welcome, it's deeply appreciated! Yesterday I wrote a lengthy reply on dealing with your reply and also dealing with my own original post, but; it did not seem to take. (as said above, new to this forum). So I'll keep these words short. Noticing a lack of replies dealing with my original post, I'm feeling that the occurrences of bad piping on HB35s are not that common, so I guess I just got one of those that has it. Does not bother me that much, since the playability of the guitar is very good. Will be asking more questions in the future, specifically dealing with the HB32, since I expect to purchase one this fall.