Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trade value on a Washburn HB35S?  (Read 3517 times)

Offline cwcosby

• View Profile
Trade value on a Washburn HB35S?
« on: July 25, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
I've been offered a Washburn HB35S in trade for an amp.  I've played the guitar and it seems very well made.  I've not found tons about it, however, and the few prices I have seen are all over the map.  I'm wondering what they go for these days, as I really respect the guy and we want to make a fair price trade both ways.  Any info would be fantastic.  Thanks!

Offline cwcosby

• View Profile
Re: Trade value on a Washburn HB35S?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »
The serial number is 9318748.  I'm not sure about the spec details based on this.  He thinks it is sycamore, made in Korea.  But I'd like to verify that.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:27:16 PM »
Welcome, the year is rite for Korea, Which is a good thing.  The rest I will leave to the  HB 35 guys.   The S could also stand for solid top, but I don't really know.  But there is lots of post on the HB35,  did you try search?    Also Washburn.com ,  Then about , then history goes up 2000 I believe.      Tom.  :)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »
Wow, she was not a cheapie ,   http://www.washburn.com/about/archives/1992.pdf

Offline cwcosby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »
Hey guys, I did do a search but did not get my questions answered exactly.  If the first two numbers indicate the year, it would make it a 93, which puts it in Korea.  But the .pdf did not list the HB35S, just the HB35.  I understand the HB35S was an upgrade, so it would have some slightly different specs.  And I still don't have a good grip on going price for them now.  I've played the guitar for a couple of days and am pretty sure I am going to buy it.  It plays wonderfully, and I like it better then the Gretsch, Ibanez and Epi's I have picked up lately.  With some new pickups and a little cleanup, it'll be fantastic.  I just want to make sure that we are valuing it fairly.