Username: Password:

Author Topic: More on HB17  (Read 1401 times)

Offline bloozeguy

• View Profile
More on HB17
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »
  Responding to the post below about the HB17's finish peeling, etc. and Washburn's response.  Seems one can't respond directly on that posting.
  I was very interested in reading these comments.  I have not yet been able to pick up the Blackie offered to me for a great price from a warehouse nearby.  Whenever I get the jack to pull the trigger on my dream jazzbox, something happens (car breaks down, dog dies--etc.  Really) that necessitates using the money elsewhere.  I think said warehouse may still have her in stock, if for no other reason than these seem not to be moving all that quickly!
  I was surprised with the passive pups, too.  In my case, though, that was a relief, a plus, even.  Don't want to spend my time and money chasing down batteries!  If everything else is OK, simpler is better here, IMO.  So that's a plus, as is the wooden bridge, and even the single set of V & T controls.  Then there are the Grovers, the very warm sound I'm looking for, the action on the satin-finish neck, and the wicked, wicked (yet classic) look of the thing, black hardware and all.
  I'd like to hear if anyone else has been having the problem with the finish described in the posting below, either on this model or Washburns in general.  Also if Washburn's response as described below, is typical.  And of course, would want to hear from anyone else with any experience with the HB17.
  Play on, play on! 

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: More on HB17
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 10:27:57 PM »
I have had a couple   warranty  claims and they were handled fast and to my satisfaction.   One repair and one my money back.  Of course I only had to take mine 21 miles to authorized repair center, big difference.  Tom,  :)