Username: Password:

Author Topic: Need ID and spec help please  (Read 2289 times)

Offline glazed67

• View Profile
Need ID and spec help please
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
Hey All, Looking for some info on my Monterey Artist, from the mid 80's Two numbers on the inside first #93023 this is on the bottom next to the gw stamp. also on that same note, there is another mark in front of the 9, which I can't make out. The other number is on the center block almost under the neck joint. #21806.  Any info would be helpful. ie model # year, specs. Thank you for your time and consideration. I'l try to get some pics, once I figure out where to attach them.

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: Need ID and spec help please
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum Here is a bit of info.

EA30 MONTEREY
- single sharp cutaway dreadnought style, spruce top, oval soundhole, bound body, three-stripe purfling, five-stripe rosette, flame maple back/sides, mahogany neck, 21-fret rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge with white pearl dot pins, three-per-side chrome diecast tuners, acoustic bridge pickup, volume/tone control, 3-band EQ, available in Natural, Trans. Red, Trans. Blue, or Trans. Black finishes, late 1980s-1991.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $325 - 375 $175 - 225
Last MSR was $730

Your serial number would indicate an '89.  Pics are always nice.  You'll need a picture posting service.  Photobucket.com is free and easy to use.

Offline glazed67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
Thanks for the infi, I'll try to posr some pics. This particular model has an ebony fretboard and bridge. Gold hardware,  under the saddle barcus berry pick-up w/ two knob control, bass/treble and volume. Tobacco Burst with a tiger striped arched back. Winged  MOP fret markers. There is not any model number anywhere to be found. I'm not sure when I bought this, but I think it was before '89

Offline glazed67

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »