Username: Password:

Author Topic: D100 Questions  (Read 8535 times)

Offline H3LlIoN

• View Profile
Re: D100 Questions
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 12:33:59 PM »
The repair shop I took my guitar to has been dragging ass.  I was originally quoted a week for the bridge repair and nut install, but it took a week for the guy just to get the nut blank from allparts.  I dropped off the saddle blank and tuners to have him just do it all, since he has to break it all down to do the nut.  It doesn't make sense for me to get it back and then immediately unstring to do machine heads and saddle.  Theoretically, it should be ready Tuesday, which will be 27 days total.  I should have picked up a second trasher on CL or something to play in the meantime.  I DID just buy my first electric guitar and, since I was on the phone with MF anyway ordering a case for it, I went ahead and had them price match an ebay auction on the MG deluxe dreadnought case.  All of this should be here next week, when I can [hopefully] get back to jamming.  Now to find an amp...

Offline H3LlIoN

• View Profile
Re: D100 Questions
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 11:30:14 AM »
Verdict is in.  The Grover 102-18G's were a direct replacement with zero modification to the guitar.  Old chinese knockoffs are now replaced.  Sadly, the guy ordered the wrong nut blank, so it'll be at least another week until my guitar is ready.  At this rate, the electric will show up first.