Username: Password:

Author Topic: Case suggestions for WIDLX?  (Read 2443 times)

Offline davidblaine

• Greenhorn, wannabee guitarist.
    • View Profile
Case suggestions for WIDLX?
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:45:30 AM »
I'm searching online for a case to fit a WIDLX and am having trouble.  This seems to measure about 14" across the lower bout, but most cases that have fitted foam interiors only spec 12" to 13" there.  It looks like most Les Paul cases would fit, except for that one dimension. 

I'm not looking to pay as much for the case as I did for the guitar!  The SKB line, with nylon outsides but foam insides looks nice.  Anyone have experience with them and know if they fit?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I don't live near many guitar stores, so dragging the piece from shop to shop to try it out isn't an option.  Even the shops that are in the area just want to order something in for me.
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEF/TB
Washburn WIDLX-FHB

Offline RepoRoy

• View Profile
Re: Case suggestions for WIDLX?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »
Hi There!
Just thought I would tell you what I used for my WINDLXSPLTD Idol series guitar,
I purchased a Washburn GB-4 Gig Bag that's is made for it and fits perfect. It is
really heavily padded also so you will get maximum protection! :) You can find these on
E-Bay for about $50.00

Offline davidblaine

• Greenhorn, wannabee guitarist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 07:07:09 AM »
Thank you RR, I'll check it out.
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEF/TB
Washburn WIDLX-FHB

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »
Do Washburn not make a dedicated case for it? I would have thought they do if they make a Custom Shop model.
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »
The gig bags are thick and well padded. The out side material is very heavy duty. To me the most important part is with a humidifier they will keep your guitar around 50%, in the winter.  I had two of them.    I hung mine from the hook on a inside wall sometimes, but mostly they sat on a guitar stand. Just don't bump there front very hard, so as not to bust a switch.  Tom.  :)