about the design and specs on the Wash T24 bass. I dont want
a bass that is to big.

Thanks
Kraum

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
T24
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:23:53 PM »
Under 8 lbs. A dream to play. It has a smooth warm, tone due to the mahogany, the neck through and the pickups. I switched it to flat wounds and it can get an upright like tone on my amp or a rock tone with the original round wounds.
no frets?

Offline maynard hater

• View Profile
    • http://www.toolnest.com
T24
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 12:36:57 PM »
I'm glad that this topic is here, it saves me the trouble of making one of my own.  I just bought a washburn t24, it's in the mail, I've heard nothing but good about it.  I was just wondering what else anyone here could tell me about it.  I like a strong tone, something with some balls behind it.  I played a fender p-bass for 3 years because I could never afford anything better.  But I'm in the usaf now and decided to order a new and improved bass instead of having the old Poverty Bass shipped out here (p-poverty).  I just wantt o know if anyone has anything bad to say about it.

Offline Mahutma

• View Profile
T24
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 12:16:30 PM »
well, ive had my T24 since november 2003, and ill say the thing is a dream for playability, but i have had some issues with tones. The ole p'bass as some serrious *punch* to it. Wherein the t24 has more of the growl. If your into the whole slap and pop deal, then your going to hit more of the trademark warwick tones, without as much power in your high notes. Wherein if you like the punchier jazzyier bass grooves similar to claypool and flea's styles, ide say ide prefer a fender. Im running blue steels on my pbass right now, and running GHS Boomers on my t24 (they last forever even if your a slapper). Both sound great imo, but right now im prefering my pbass. Its harder to play, but the tones are more to what i want. Im also in my jazzier kick so thats a big deal in it. As someone said before, the t24 has the warm tones, they are right. If you want crisper tones, you wont find a lot of control here, i also have a problem with my birdgeside petontiometer or w/e its called. But if you want more of the warm, almost muted growly bass tones then the T24 is a dream, and im yet to play a more comfortable bass. the EDC from Ibanez comes close, but really isnt a rival. The tone could do better, but it is still an excellent bass.
Hope that helped with your decisions.
~Mike

Offline Mahutma

• View Profile
T24
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 12:18:33 PM »
Oh and i forgot to mention, it may be more pointed towards how i have my action, but when you get to the higher notes, above the 12th fret, you start losing a lot of clarity in them, and popping on the D or G abover the 12th is very muted. Take that into consideration as well.