Username: Password:

Author Topic: Who makes the humbuckers for the WINDLXSPLTD Idol guitar?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline RepoRoy

• View Profile
Who makes the humbuckers for the WINDLXSPLTD Idol guitar?
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »
Hi everyone,
Just received a Washburn Idol series WINDLXSPLTD guitar for my birthday from my wife
was wondering who make the humbucker pickups that are on it. Are they Duncans or are
they alnicos? anyone know, I love this guitar plays like a dream and the spalted maple
top is awesome! :)
Here is a pic of it.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:48:53 PM by RepoRoy »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Who makes the humbuckers for the WINDLXSPLTD Idol guitar?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
That's the one I like the best out of the last year or so.  If I ever quit spending money on bikes and 4 wheelers, I would like to get one. do not know who makes the pups.  Tom.  :)

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:38:40 AM »
 Just found on a Luthiers site that the pick ups on the WIDLXSPLTD are the new Duncan USM humbuckers especially made by Seymour Duncan for Washburn and Parker guitars. There are 2 sets with varying outputs, and I suspect they are the lower powered ones of the two types, which are still pretty pokey. Can't wait now until mine arrives!
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
When are you supposed to get it?  Tom.  :)

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:58 AM »
It's coming from Music Farm to the UK so around 10 days - 2 weeks. I reckon a case has to be making it's way on to my christmas list...

Dan
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
That's a nice Christmas gift to yourself.  Let us know what you think of it.  I might get lucky and run across one some day.   Tom.  :)