Username: Password:

Author Topic: where is this guitars origins, and worth?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline alysse93

• View Profile
where is this guitars origins, and worth?
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »
So I have a washburn electric guitar. I have no idea the origin or the value of this guitar since I can't find it anywhere, it has a lable  the body that says Buffalo grove, Il 60089 USA. It has no serial number, because the back of head stock was supposedly replaced by my father who bought it for me at a pawn shop in wapato Washington when i was 16. Including a refinish in a pearl essence blue. I've looked all over the internet for my specific guitar, and found nothing except for the patent number which is on the black label on the body of the gutair on the backside of it. I've only found that number is  in a missing file registry, by Scott Patrick, whos obituary is the month of December, 7th. Created by Washburn himself. If anyone can help me find the original of the this guitar, it would be greatly appreciated seeing as I can't find any information about it anywhere, even on this website in the archives of their 1980's + guitars. Its a G-JR-V.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:54:57 PM by alysse93 »

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: where is this guitars origins, and worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »
We have quite a few competent historians on the forum, but photos would be of great assistance.

If you don't use a photos hosting website, Photobucket is free and easy (????) to use...once you have uploaded the photos you will have 4 different link options, choose the bottom one (IMG code), copy it and paste it into the body of a post on the forum and the photo will appear.

Hope we can help you ID the piece!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC