Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help identifying an old washburn electric  (Read 1261 times)

Offline imperium1

• View Profile
Help identifying an old washburn electric
« on: January 21, 2014, 08:21:29 AM »
Recently I bought an old Washburn from a second hand guitar store for a rather small amount of money. While I was sanding the neck back, I decided to sand the logo off, as well (it was really faded and it was bothering me, for some reason).

The guitar has no visible serial number at all and it looks like someone replaced the original nut with a locking nut, for whatever reason.

the humbucker (no idea if they are the original pickups) is labeled "G GOTOH". Both the single coils are blank.

The headstock has me baffled. I cant find a single washburn ANYWHERE I've looked on the net with the same shape.

Any help identifying this guitar, or even just the wood it's made from, would be greatly appreciated.

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying an old washburn electric
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »
 The neck looks like a Jackson to me - inlays and headstock are consistent. Could have been a Frankenstein guitar with a replaced neck and a Washburn decal on the headstock? The logo is usually varnished over and as such wouldn't fade unless added retrospectively. Hows the intonation?
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying an old washburn electric
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »
Having had a look around on google I'd say it was actually a Charvel, some or other form of San Dimas model. The body shape, neck, and switches all fit the spec...
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.