Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Guitars Presents the WCG66SCE Acoustic/Electric Guitar  (Read 3110 times)

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
Washburn Guitars Presents the WCG66SCE Acoustic/Electric Guitar
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »
Washburn Guitars Presents the WCG66SCE Acoustic/Electric Guitar

Buffalo Grove, January 23, 2014 - Washburn Guitars introduces the WCG66SCE acoustic/electric guitar. The newest addition to the Comfort Series is highlighted by deluxe features and stunning visual appeal.

The WCG66SCE is a Grand Auditorium style acoustic/electric guitar with a venetian cutaway for superior upper fret access. A highlight of the Comfort Series is the beveled strip of mahogany at the lower bout which becomes part of the mahogany top binding. The guitar features a book matched solid Cedar top, spalted maple back and sides, mahogany/maple bound body and headstock. The satin finished mahogany neck has an ebony fingerboard devoid of inlays and in tandem with the mahogany bound ebony bridge adds an aura of understated elegance. A maple/mahogany/maple strip splits the book matched spalted maple back as well. The spalted maple capped headstock features a pearl inlaid Washburn logo and stylized W as well as Grover® 18:1 tuners with ebonite buttons. The gorgeous rosette is made of alternating maple and mahogany.

The WCG66SCE is a fantastic sounding acoustic guitar in its own right but the addition of premium Fishman electronics makes for an outstanding stage performance guitar. The Fishman® Presys+ is an integrated tuner/preamp system for versatile amplified tonal shaping.

The WCG66SCE is strung with D’Addario strings and is an amazing acoustic/electric guitar as well as an outstanding value. Suggested Retail Price is $1,247.90.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Washburn Guitars Presents the WCG66SCE Acoustic/Electric Guitar
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »
I'm surprised you did not mention what appears to be a floating armrest. I own one of the C124SW(K) classical guitars and the floating armrest is one of the most endearing features!
Could you post some photos of the spalted maple back and sides?

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:39:54 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Darren Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
You missed the sentence above about the strip of mahogany: " A highlight of the Comfort Series is the beveled strip of mahogany at the lower bout which becomes part of the mahogany top binding."

Offline songman

• love it when my hands are wrapped around wood and
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 08:19:57 AM »
I have the WCG25SCE and I absolutely love the guitar. It is always my 1st or 2nd choice when it is time to grab an acoustic guitar my other choice is also a Washburn WSJ60KELITE
EA-30
EA-36
WSJ60SCEKELITE
WCG25SCE
GIBSON SG & LP JR
FENDER STRAT & SANTA ROSA
MARTIN OM
GOYA HAND MADE CLASSIC 1968
VALLEY ARTS RAY BENSON
and a full dozen more...

In a way too busy world
filled with things that steal my time
got more guitars than people
that I call friends of mine

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »
My WGO26SCE is very similar to this model, just a bit less nicely appointed and sans the floating armrest...cedar over rosewood is such a definitively perfect combo to my ears that I am frankly surprised that I find myself wanting to audition one of these.
If the nut on my WGO26SCE were only 1/16" wider it would be a very capable competitor to my Epiphone Masterbilt for "Favorite guitar" honors.

Cheers!!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted),WSJ60SKELITE.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Darren Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC