Username: Password:

Author Topic: PXM18EB packing issues?  (Read 5803 times)

Offline mrfrisky330

• View Profile
PXM18EB packing issues?
« on: January 29, 2014, 06:35:59 AM »
Bonjour!

I recently bought a PXM18EB had to wait 6 weeks for it as it was a special order.

Finally it arrives and imagine my horror that my $1200 guitar turns up packaged by Washburn in a thin triangular box! The worst is yet to come, they forced the 40" guitar into the 41" box (not accounting for the near 1.5" of polystyrene at either ends of the inner carton) which meant during its long journey to the UK the headstock forced itself out of the box leaving at least 1cm of the headstock proud of the box so of course a great chunk of lacquer and wood is missing from the top of the headstock :(

Why was a 27" scale length guitar packed in a box used to ship 25.5" scale length guitars?? Why couldn't a rectangular box be used??

I took photographs of the box and the guitar damage and emailed them to the shop I ordered it from to alert their goods in about this issue.

Is this a one off just for the UK or have packing standards dropped with the Indonesian made guitars?? Anyone else experienced this??

I have sent my finding via email to the support section of the Washburn web site AND the UK distributor, so far I have had no response, is this to be expected?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:04:47 AM by mrfrisky330 »
Detuing? That's for students what you need is more bass strings!!

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: PXM18EB packging issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »
Wow, I would say that is covered under some warranty, don't know if packing or shipping is liable.   Sorry to hear that though.  I think there is not to much worse , than the let down of things bought on line arriving messed up.  If it was from Musicians Friend, or Music 123 or WMS, they would ship a new one the next day.  I received a Marshal 4X12 that was less than perfect, MF sent me a new one the next day,  free both ways.   Tom.  :) Do any of these big box stores have a branch in the UK?

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: PXM18EB packing issues?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »
I have not read of any one with a legit claim let down by Washburn yet.:)   And I have been here over 3 yrs now.   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:13:50 AM by t.y. »

Offline mrfrisky330

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »
The shop I bought it from offered me a replacement, however that would mean another 6-8 week wait PLUS if they packaged the first one that badly how could I know that wasn't a company wide policy??

So in the end I kept it, if it had been a model which lots of shops stocked I could have walked into a store and bagged a good one, because it seems in the UK all Parallaxe guitars are special order only thats not possible :(

Does leave me very wary of buying a new Washburn Parallaxe especially as the range is not cheap (good!) I have just seen a very sexy 29 fret 7 string due to come out very soon, but based on how Washburn packed the 8 string it makes me want to wait till the appear secondhand in the shops or dare I say ebay so I can see the one I will actually get...

Offline mrfrisky330

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »
Its been a while now no response from Washburn and non from the distributor about my concerns, so here (finally!) are the image of what arrived:

lower carton
http://imageshack.com/a/img836/3000/c0vl.jpg

head stock damage
http://imageshack.com/a/img836/2373/5nkc.jpg

complete box
http://imageshack.com/a/img826/1885/bsv3.jpg

view from inside the lower carton
http://imageshack.com/a/img547/5462/2t3h.jpg

As I have said many times before why was this guitar put in this box it clearly had to be forced in!

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »
Wow, if that was here, they would send you a new one rite away.  I no for sure MF would.    What did the online  store you bought it from say?  Tom.  :)  I have read your post above, I mean have you showed the pictures and seen what they say? 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:12:43 PM by t.y. »

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 01:06:44 PM »
 It kinda looks like they took it out for display and then put it back in the wrong box...
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »

Does leave me very wary of buying a new Washburn Parallaxe especially as the range is not cheap (good!) I have just seen a very sexy 29 fret 7 string due to come out very soon, but based on how Washburn packed the 8 string it makes me want to wait till the appear secondhand in the shops or dare I say ebay so I can see the one I will actually get...
  Remember Washburn is in the business to make a profit.  They would not do that as a company policy, or they would be out of business real quick.  Tom.  :)

Offline mrfrisky330

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »
It kinda looks like they took it out for display and then put it back in the wrong box...

Alas no,the bottom of the box has a big sticker on it with the model number and serial number which matches the guitar.
The evidence says: they did on purpose...

Based on the small volume of 8 strings they sell if they chose put them in the wrong sized box it isn't going to affect business, if they did that with the 6 strings then its a big issue.

Having had no official comment from them either here or by email are we forced to believe the above??  :(

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »
Things that make ya go Hmmmm.      Tom  :)