Username: Password:

Author Topic: ID Washburn Guitar Model  (Read 1472 times)

Offline CountryDick65

• View Profile
ID Washburn Guitar Model
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:46:33 PM »
I recently salvaged a small, parlor size Washburn guitar. It was broken, and one of my guitar interests is repair and history. This is a very plain guitar with what appears to be a mahogany (?) body and a fir top. There is no inlay other than the fret markers at 5,7,10. [/img][/img]It also has a metal trapeze style tailpiece. On the back of the neck it has screw on plate with three lines of script. 1) Washburn; 2) Lyon & Healy; 3; Chicago, Illinois. Below this and engraved in the wood is the number 14063, and on the inside of the guitar is a Lyon and Healy Makers stamp and the number 62500. Can anyone clue me in on what type of ax this is and where I might get some info about it/ Thanks.. Salvaged Guitar/IMG_0161.jpg
/Users/bjnpsyd2/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Salvaged Guitar/IMG_0162.jpg

ship of fools

Re: ID Washburn Guitar Model
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »
Well from some of the description I can say that it was around 1910, but without photo's I can't tell you much more other then I doubt the trapeze is original unless it is a Jupiter, Columbus Marquette Arion  or an American Conservatory model where the only models I can think of that came with a tail piece, which would make it around 1897. But again with out photo`s can`t really say maybe try posting to photo bucket and then pasting here makes it a lot easier to identify. ship