Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn EA44 I think...  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Willabe Storms

• Blues
    • View Profile
Washburn EA44 I think...
« on: February 19, 2014, 12:52:07 PM »
I have a beautiful Washburn Guitar; I am having a hard time identifying it. I have pictures, but need to know how to upload, as I am new to this.

I am guessing about 1 1992-96 EA44 Woodstock, I have been reading a lot about these guitars, and have written many songs on mine. I bought 1n 1996 as maybe new? Well the finish is a quilted mahogany, I believe.
White 3-binding front-back neck, oval sound hole-3-line rosette. But it has GOLD tuners. Slider 3-band EQ. If someone could instruct me of how to upload pictures, I sure could use the help.
Willabe Storms

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
Re: Washburn EA44 I think...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:36:56 AM »
[url][/http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,21807.0.htmlurl]
 Here is a post with all the info you need to post up pics.

Dan.
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
   Very nice guitar, this will make things a little faster.  Tom.  :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:19:02 AM by t.y. »

Offline Willabe Storms

• Blues
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 11:21:52 AM »
I am a lucky man.

I found an old Washburn on eBay, with a broken neck....

It has the chicklet black plastic and chicklets I need. If you notice in the my picture, the wood bridge has been replaced, and the dude sanded the old chicklet frame and Chiclets's to accommodate the new wood bridge height, well the frame of the chicklet bridge pulls forward when the guitar is strung up to 440 tune tention , now I need a Chiclets saddle...

Why do I need a new chicklet bridge?- The Washburn wood bridge had very little meat right in front of the E-1st. string, and cracked along the pin holes also.

The guitar I bought is useless, broken neck right through the volute area. But I will have old 2 knob electronic controls, tuning keys, and wiring if anyone needs them.

Still having a hard time with this guitar model... Any help is appreciated.
Willabe Storms