Username: Password:

Author Topic: WJ45SCE & WJ45SCE12  (Read 5068 times)

Offline FXMASTER

• View Profile
WJ45SCE & WJ45SCE12
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »
How come I can only find these on EBAY auctions. No one carying in stores...GT Center...ect.
Im in Austin Texas. Would love to fondle one before I buy.

Also...the S indicates a satin finish. Yes? Im not real fond of the satin finishes. I believe that high gloss finish makes them more beautifull.
Is there a gloss finish model?

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: WJ45SCE & WJ45SCE12
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 11:37:48 AM »
Welcome, S = solid top C= cutout body, E= Electronics. WJ I assume are Washburn Jumbo,  And 12 is 12 string.   Tom.  :)

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »
Welcome to teh forum.  As TY has noted the "S" does not stand for satin but for a solid wood top.  The back and sides are laminate.  The answer to your other question is pretty straightforward.  Your local stores do not buy them, so none are available to test drive.  I'm sure washburn would love to have a dealer in Austin or nearbye, but ultimately it's the dealers choice as to what brands to carry.

Offline FXMASTER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 12:28:40 PM »
HMMM. Specs indicate flame maple back and sides....This is a lamanate?

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 12:56:09 PM »
I figure you have already researched this, but this is for the ones just reading this. :)  Here you go.  Yes lam back and sides.  SW  means all solid back and sides and top.  Don't let the lam scare you.  My 800.00 PRS has solid top and back, but lam sides.  Lam is stronger, the top is solid which is the most important sound board.  This guitar has a lot to offer , and looks to boot.  :)   here is the specs.  http://www.washburn.com/products/acoustics/WJ45SCE.html             Tom.  :)       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKEI2luYK30
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:19:53 PM by t.y. »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »
P.S.   I don't know if you are experienced with Washburn hard cases.   But they offer the case to this, and there cases well worth the money.  Very nice Deluxe cases.  And form fitting to hold your guitar nice and tight to keep it from getting hurt. :)

Offline FXMASTER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
I have a 92-93 D10SCE, that I love dearly. Pickup no longer works, has developed a trus rod buz, but everyone that hears her says she sounds fantastic...I agreee.  She sounds better w/ age. They want me to amplify at church so Im thinking a new Washy is in order. Love the natural flame maple. And as the thread title reads I am also thinking of a 12er too. Nothing like having a set of twins right??

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
    • REO Shitwagon, Uncooperatives, Voodoo Sun
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 02:33:23 PM »
I have a 92-93 D10SCE, that I love dearly. Pickup no longer works, has developed a trus rod buz, but everyone that hears her says she sounds fantastic...I agreee.  She sounds better w/ age. They want me to amplify at church so Im thinking a new Washy is in order. Love the natural flame maple. And as the thread title reads I am also thinking of a 12er too. Nothing like having a set of twins right??

I'm sure you know this, but Fishman make incredible inserts that I personally prefer over 90% of the pickups you find in acoustics. I would hate you not giving it a try because of the inconvenience of the cable, I found I got a much more natural sound from this pickup specifically then anything I've ever heard before in an acoustic: http://www.fishman.com/products/view/rare-earth-humbucking
Dean Dime Razorback (V255)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn KC-70, KC90, KC-Prototype (mystery git)
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
    • REO Shitwagon, Uncooperatives, Voodoo Sun
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »
Wow, I never knew Washburn worked with Fishman, WHY DONT THEY PROMTE THIS MORE!!!!!

I have always played Takamine acoustics and Washburn/Ibanez electrics. If I knew they used Fishman pickups I would have explored more of their acoustics earlier in my life.
Dean Dime Razorback (V255)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn KC-70, KC90, KC-Prototype (mystery git)
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline FXMASTER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
OK...I broke down and ordered a WJ45SCE site unseen....OMG!!!
Let me first say, I have no idea why these are not in more music stores!! I played a lot of guitars in GTCenter before I ordered...Taylor/PRS/Martin/Guild/Breedlove....I will admit that some of these were indeed better, but the ones that costed 2-3K more. A $600-1000 Taylor is kindling compared to this!!!

If you read this, and you are somehow involved in sales for Washburn....Cold send some of these out to your "dealers" that dont seem to want to put them in the stores. They will fly off the stands.

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »
Glad to hear you like your new guitar so well.  Does it look as good in person as it does in the pictures?  Tom.    😊 p.s.,  I know it is not aged yet, but how does the blending of the lows and highs sound so far? 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:38:37 PM by t.y. »

Offline FXMASTER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »
Looks...Most pics seen on web show a whiter version of the Sitka Spruce top. The one sent to me has more color to it. Some lovely figuring instead of a straight unmared grain...Almost like "bear claw". I expect these to become more pronounced with age. Finish is fantastic!! binding is creamy looking. Abalone roset, and trim is lovely.  Inlays in the headstok are not as colorful as I would have liked, but that is all bling. W/ or w/out them the instrument is flat out beautiful.

I am by no means a professional musician, so my knwoledge of what is meant by "blend of highs and lows" is all crap. Take everything below as such.

Being all maple, it is clean clear and crisp. More high end than low from what I can tell...I have a constant ringing in my ears from years of abuse..LOL. Very good sustain, probably even more so when played through an amp. Finger picking a Floyd tune is dreamy, heavy duty strumming is unbelievable. I can hear each note in the chord, and their overtones. I may be overstating but it all comes together to sound pretty magical.

Offline FXMASTER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
Hello Elizabeth:

How is your new relationship going?