Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Eagle Pro Custom???  (Read 11028 times)

Offline paulsawesome

• View Profile
Washburn Eagle Pro Custom???
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »
Hello,
There is a guy by me selling this guitar on Craigslist. I can not seem to find anything on the internet about it so I figured this would be the best place to get some info. He said it has "USA 95 IHP" hand written on inside neck heel.

Any info would be helpful.
Thanks,
Paul

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
Re: Washburn Eagle Pro Custom???
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »
Welcome, I think I have seen that guitar on here a yr or so ago.  I don't know for sure if it is the same one.  If you can wait a few days, I would.  That may be a home made guitar.   If I new how to find that post on here I would.   There are collectors on here,  that will be able to help you more.  I will try to find it.   Tom.   :)

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »
wow that was easy.  other than the name it is not a washburn.     http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,22465.msg147128.html#msg147128

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile

Offline paulsawesome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »
http://s871.photobucket.com/user/Rosco99/slideshow/?albumview=slideshow    in this slide show about half way through is a nice looking Eagle.  Tom.    :) 

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 09:56:46 PM »
If you like the looks, and it plays well, and the price is rite, well that is what really counts.   You don't see one of those every day.  :)   Tom.  :)

Offline KJ Custom Guitar Repair

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
It's definitely a home-made guitar, not a Washburn. The bridge and tailpiece is from an Ibanez...
2006 Washburn WI68 USA Custom Shop Idol
1998 Washburn USA Custom Shop P4 Deluxe
1998 Washburn USA Custom Shop WM100
1994 Washburn USA MG 120

KJ Custom Guitar Repair
Kingsport, TN

Offline whread

• PLAYING GUITAR SINCE 1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
Hey!

This is not a homemade guitar.
How do I know?
I'm the guy with the guitar.
I got it from the fellow who placed the factory order.

A smart guy once said long ago, 'there are more things in the world than you can think of'.
Consider that.

Incredible how you fellows who have never seen the guitar and know nothing about it can come to the conclusion the guitar is homemade.

It would be quite an accomplishment to produce a guitar like this in a factory let alone home.

The bridge parts are Asian manufacture and can be bought from a number of sources. Indeed they are on a couple of Ibanez but they can be bought by anyone (including companies) and put on any guitar. Guitar manufacturers buy their parts from many different suppliers . There is no law that says when a part is used on one model guitar it cannot be used on another model guitar.

Aside from the standard Washburn USA markings there is other proof that the guitar is not homemade which I will show to anyone who comes to view the guitar.

I assume you do understand that a custom order might be something like say different pickups or might be something like a completely unique guitar and everything in between.

So before you BRAINIAC GURU's out there advance a false and completely unsupported statement like 'homemade' perhaps you might think about how big the world is, how many things are in that world and how much you do not know about.

Come on Over and take a Look before you make more false, misleading and incorrect statements.

Next time it might be your uncommon guitar that some unthinking person is condemning.
Think about it.
Washburn's ARE Excellent!

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »
Dang!

Forgot to mention:

Many Washburn USA made in Chicago have the same bodies as Ibanez and Hamer (and others) AND they use Gotoh Tuners and other parts.

Does that mean all Washburn's that have those bodies, parts and other stuff found on other guitars are all homemade?

Just come on over and take a look!
Learn something, expand your mind, think! Your head is not just a hat holder!

CMI, KAMICO and the rest of the Chicago company's names (Washburn is a part of this) have been producing a wide variety of music items for a long, long time.
They did and do a lot of different things.
Some are well known and some are not.
Some people know about some things, others know different things, some things are known by very few people, some things are known by many people.
That's how the world works...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:01:47 PM by whread »

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
wow that was easy.  other than the name it is not a washburn.     http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,22465.msg147128.html#msg147128

I am the owner of the Guitar that started this thread.

I live in Pine Bush, NY.

The fellow who is selling on eBay is from Hazelton, PA, 134 miles away from me.
This person is not me and the guitar is a different guitar.

The guitar you gave the eBay link for is not my guitar!!!

Thank-you for demonstrating that there is at least one other of these Superb Guitars out there!

Perhaps there are things you do not know about?

In fact I found a third listed in the UK...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:07:38 PM by whread »

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 08:34:17 PM »
If you want to know what it really is, just contact Washburn.   If they made 3 Plus of those guitars in the custom shop there should be a record of it.  That way you can have proof there real. Real or not, does not matter to me, as I don't own one or am I trying to sell one. :)    Tom. :)

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »
Hey Tom!

Welll there are three.

And perhaps writing Washburn is a good idea. I have no way of knowing anything about Washburns records. And BTW neither do you.
You are making an assumption regarding those records.

Mine is in Pine Bush, NY - the one you found is in Hazelton, PA - two completely different places, 2 completely different people, 2 of the same (as you put it) art class homemade guitars. The other one I found was on Ebay in the United kindom.

Indeed there are a number of these Washburn Custom Shop guitars out there and you (who has presented yourself as some level of expert) made a flat, completely unsupported statement which was completely and utterly wrong. Despite you finding a different one than mine. Look at the photos, Tom.

It would seem your posts are indicative of a pattern here - you do not fully read things like the post I made, the ads in craigslist and eBay (or perhaps do not understand what you read).

And in no way did I indicate, mention or otherwise state that I would display the identifying characteristics on the internet.

What I did say was anyone who wants to come view the guitar can see the identifying characteristics as well as the original paperwork of the initial purchaser.

What you are interpreting as upset is an attempt on my part to not come to a conclusion regarding your mental abilities.

I am being polite and direct while still maintaining a connection with the world outside my own brain.

Being as I do not know you and have never seen you I cannot make any clear judgments regarding you on any level.

You, on the other hand, do not seem to have any trouble at all making erroneous statements and forming incorrect opinions.

You may come to my home or meet me within 50 miles and afterwards  you can personally apologize to all the people you misinformed. After all it was you who plainly and clearly stated you had found my guitar on eBay  when you did not - you who in writing said it was a homemade guitar. I wish I knew someone who could do those inlays and not charge an arm and 2 legs for it. Another thing you missed.

I have no desire whatsoever to take away the attention and position you hold here in this forum. In fact you probably deserve it.
Which is the reason I am attempting to get you to consider that perhaps you do not know everything and maybe you might use a dash of caution before you embark on another condemnation of someone's guitar that you have only seen in photos. No doubt fools make counterfeits but why in the world would anyone make such a completely different looking guitar as a counterfeit? That would be incredibly stupid.

What I am attempting to do is get you to do some actual thinking instead of jumping to unsupported conclusions.

If you are giving another person advice you had better be sure it is correct advice.

or Perhaps you do not care - there is no way for me to be able to know that.

Just like there is no way for you to be able to know that my guitar is not a Washburn.

I hope you do not interpret my direct and logical writings as upset, just like I won't interpret your response as a means to continue your status on this Forum.
And do not mistake my saying 'seems' or the like as a veiled insult - I simply do not know and it is possible that you lack the level of skills you present on this forum.
It is quite apparent that you possess skills.

COME ON OVER! You will find me to be an easy to deal with, honest person. And I like visits from other guitar players!

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »
Tom, you win some and you lose some. I think you did answer paulawesomes original query and he was satisfied with the answer. What prompts the vitriolic wandering  replies is anybodies guess. Probably killed a sale, but satisfied a prospective buyers fact checking before he laid out a sum of money. I think you were honestly trying to help a forum member, I thought you made a conscientious effort  and I applaud you.    murph 

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
Tom, you win some and you lose some. I think you did answer paulawesomes original query and he was satisfied with the answer. What prompts the vitriolic wandering  replies is anybodies guess. Probably killed a sale, but satisfied a prospective buyers fact checking before he laid out a sum of money. I think you were honestly trying to help a forum member, I thought you made a conscientious effort  and I applaud you.    murph

Actually I agree with this.
 Except the Vitriolic part.
That was certainly not my aim.
All I wanted to do was to get people to consider that there are a lot of things out there and no one can possibly know about all of them.
As well as to consider there are consequences that others must deal with.

So please excuse me for seeming vitriolic, I was throwing no acid on purpose.
@ of you came up with a similar take so that is my issue and I should correct it by apologizing to Tom.
Tom I meant no harm or anything derogatory towards you.

I also see that  long posts are no the norm here, and a characterization as 'wandering' would be a fair statement about them.
So I have learned 2 things today.
Keep it short and people may well misinterpret my writings.

Sorry about that!

The guitar is indeed a Washburn.
And If you read what I wrote and remove any thoughts of retribution or nasty perhaps you might see what I was trying to do.
 Thanks!