Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Eagle Pro Custom???  (Read 11050 times)

Offline whread

• PLAYING GUITAR SINCE 1966
    • View Profile
Re: Washburn Eagle Pro Custom???
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 07:39:23 AM »
I contacted Washburn regarding this guitar. They said they do not maintain records of every guitar built and there are many single guitars, experimental guitars, prototypes that never make it to production, guitars designed by buyers and other scenarios regarding this  made.
That in the past it was possible to buy directly from Washburn custom made guitars but not at present. In general those guitars were not tracked.

Washburn directed me to http://www.washburn.com/info/faq/ where I read the following quotes:

"How can I date/identify my Washburn instrument?
Washburn has used many serial number formats over the years, ranging from 4-12 characters long. The year of manufacture can

be deduced from the first few numerical characters in the serial number.

Either the first 2 digits, or the first digit, are typically used to identify the year of manufacture.

For example, 8901827 indicate the instrument was made in 1989, 1988, or 1998. You can confirm the year of manufacture by

visiting our guitar archives reference pricelists/ catalogs.

Instruments with serial numbers that have 5 or more characters are from the late 1980's-2000's

Instruments with serial numbers that have 5 characters or less are typically from the 1980's.

Instruments with serial numbers that have 4 characters are from the 1970's and early 1980's.

For instruments produced after 2010, usually the first 4 digits can indicate the year of manufacture.

There is no serial number information or tracking capability for pre-1978 models.

If the instrument does not have a serial number, it is likely a factory prototype or sample, and it is impossible to gauge

its exact age. We recommend visiting our Guitar Archives and viewing the annual catalogs to find the closest match.

Washburn maintains limited production records. Washburn can only identify instruments via email, and with a clear digital

photograph and serial number. We cannot guarantee that we are able to date your instrument."

And:
"How do I get replacement parts for my instrument?
Washburn tries to use as many standardized instrument parts as possible, to make field-service easier. Most technicians capable of performing repair work have easy access to them, via a variety of instrument parts dealers/suppliers.

For do-it-yourselfers, we highly recommend any of the following aftermarket guitar parts dealers, as they offer the most variety and stock.

Stewmac.com
Allparts.com
Guitarfetish.com
Wdmusicproducts.com

Please note that they cannot identify a part by the guitar model, just the style/measurement of the part you are looking for.

Most service technicians in the field have standardized parts readily available from the above suppliers.

In the event that the part you are looking for is specialized and unique to Washburn Guitars, please contact our Support Department at 1-800-877-6863. We may require a picture of the defective part to ensure availability."

I sold the Guitar to a person who knew exactly what it was.
I will say, now that that person owns it and does not care if I mention this here, that in addition to the neck heel markings mentioned in these posts there is a oval shaped sticker saying 'Washburn Custom" with a 5 digit serial number and what looks like a persons initials written on it on the neck pocket.

Anyone willing to do a bit of research can easily find a lot of wild looking Washburn's made in the past. Many covered with inlay, Many with rather large upper bout extensions.

I caution any person to be absolutely sure of what they say as to a particular guitars being a "real" Washburn, indeed regarding anything.
I have  never seen a counterfeit Washburn, although no doubts they are out there. Too much effort for too little return.

I personally really like Washburn's and still have a number of them.

Again please excuse my writing style and use of words.
I am a product of the old educational system and this is how many of us write and speak.
It has been interesting to communicate with you all here.
Have a Great Life!
IBM has a really good slogan, very simple and quite profound. That slogan is "THINK".
Washburn's ARE Excellent!

Offline C-RAM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 10:25:01 AM »
"I personally really like Washburn's and still have a number of them."

Nice! Which models do you own? Can you please post some pics?
My Washburns -

A-5, Black
A-5, Yellow
A-10, Black Translucent
A-10, Red Translucent
A-10, Green Translucent
A-20 Reissue, Honey Burst
HB-30, Tobacco Sunburst
HB-30DL
HB-32DM
HB-35, Natural
HB-45WHK
J-6S, Natural
T-14 Taurus Bass

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
"I personally really like Washburn's and still have a number of them."

Nice! Which models do you own? Can you please post some pics?

How does one post a photo here?

the entire experience with forums I have is here at this one.
I am a most definite newbie.

Or you could send me a PM w/ your email, I send you the images and you post them?

I read the help which says browse to the relevant files before selecting post. Tried that. Tried just selecting them and tried selecting and clicking copy.
How big should the files be in megabytes?

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
    • REO Shitwagon, Uncooperatives, Voodoo Sun
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 11:05:59 AM »
Use Flikr or Photobucket to host the pictures.

I'm willing to bet my Custom Shop Warwick 5 String Fretless Corvette this is fake :)
Dean Dime Razorback (V255)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn KC-70, KC90, KC-Prototype (mystery git)
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
There has been not proof that this or the other, similar model, are Washburns or a product of US Music Corp.  A neck plate is not evidence enough to suggest that either of these are Washburns. 

For someone familiar with the U.S Music product line and SOP of the Custom Shop (I've been there on many occasions)  there is an overwhelmimg amount of evidence, based on the photgraphs I've seen, to suggest that the two models in question are not Washburns or a product of the Custom Shop.

There is a very slim possibility, that the two may have been samples sent to U. S .Music ( from a foreign vendor) for it's evaluation.....a sample does not make this a Washburn guitar or U S Music Corp. product.   U.S. Music Corp receives 100s of samples every year for evaluation.

Want to prove this is a Washburn or Custom Shop piece?  Produce the original Bill of Sale (invoice) from U.S. Music Corp.  If you can't or are unwilling to produce written evidence to validate your claim.....then these two models are not Washburns.  I and others are not going to take your word for it!

Couldn't put it any better...
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 05:12:21 PM »
Gentlemen and Ladies,
I have found you to be a contentious and self reinforcing group of people.
At least the few out of 100's advancing your theories.
I no longer have the Guitar or any of it's accoutrements. I clearly stated that.
As far as the posting of Bills of Sales I see no indication anywhere on the web when I search for them that people do such things.
I never claimed or indicated I was the original purchaser.
I had started to think it might be an enjoyable experience to exchange thought and experiences here.
I was wrong.
The new owner is located in Manhattan NYC and has no desire or intentions to subject himself to your style of unwarranted self assurance, attack and suppression, unsupported derogatory comments and the rest. I showed him the 2 threads regarding this on this forum.

Where did a single one of you post your original receipts?
Where did a single one of you provide support other than your opinions?
I have offered to drive to any somewhat nearby location to allow inspection of the guitar and it's provenance (the papers, identifying characteristic's etc.) prior to my selling the guitar.
I have tried to get at least some of you to consider that perhaps you are not quite perfect experts in the identification of each and every guitar Washburn ever made.
I have presented evidence written by real experts including Washburn itself which would to a logical person remove your arguments regarding parts, the overall look and style of that guitar.
Where is a single shred of any support for your position that is not simply your opinion?

It was posited by the first derogatory person that Washburn never made guitars like this yet they did as any human might ascertain should they try.
It was advanced as proof that having parts also used on other guitars was proof of being homemade  when Washburn themselves clearly say they use generic parts.
It was advanced that Washburn knows all about each and every guitar they made. Washburn clearly says they do not.

I have not on bit of doubt that if I or anyone else were to post such a thing as a receipt it would be deemed to be counterfeit and homemade.
And it would be used as a means to prove actual counterfeits are real. Why do you think you don't see them very much...

Go look at yourselves. There is no reason or positive outcome from me providing any further fodder for your acerbic spleen.
Your opinions are simply opinions. I made the mistake of treating you completely differently than you have treated me.
I gave you the courtesy of addressing your thought is a logical, written evidence manner.

And you wait to gang up until after you know I sold it. That's a very telling fact that is likely to be a very good indication of where you are coming from.

Attack someone else.

If all forums are like this no wonder so few take part in them.

For all you 100's of others who are reading this thread - I will make one last post where I will direct you to a place where you can see 3 of the Washburn's I still have as well as my favorite guitar a 65 Vantage as well as my 52 Les Paul (mot a reissue a 52) and my 73 Stratocaster Ash hard tail. I also have a 79 Korina Explorer, 65 Mustang, Several 65 Melody makers, 61 ES125, 79 ES335 and quite a few more. Let me know if you want to see any or all of those but be a bit decent about it.
You do catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. For you mad dogs - this means you get more if you are a decent person.
For those of you who are quietly watching to see how all this BS turns out perhaps it may be indication that I might be a more substantial person than one who would advance a fake as real. For you  mad dogs I hope it causes you to run to the end of your chains and choke yourselves. Maybe a period of real unconsciousness might relieve you current waking unconsciousness!
Yup I am being just a dash less aggressive and nasty than you and I admit it. Why not try that part yourselves.

Hey mad dogs! This is me being a dash nasty back! So you can identify it should I lose my mind and respond to your ill motivated baiting's again. You lack style and sophistication as well as perceptive powers!

For those of you who have seen this happen before maybe you can get a bit of 'go ahead make your post' from this response.
These guys are minor league as far as they have indicated in these 'homemade counterfeit' threads.
Perhaps I m wrong but they provided not a whit of anything to demonstrate that their opinions were correct or they were in fact knowledgeable enough to advance such utterly self convinced arguments,
If you've got strange looking, out of the ordinary guitars look at how many said the nasties compared to how many were just reading.
Normal people are the majority and just because the horrible ones are so vocal does not mean the larger membership is too.
I took those photos in my living room the day the nicer fellow asked to see them. I feel that further effort to speak to the nasty ones is counter productive and sooner or later I will lose my patience with obstinate, unreasonable people and that would not be nice at all.
So anyone with a brain who is not out to do character assignation or put down something they do not have will see the same background with all photos as well as a few legendary amps I have. I have been a lucky guy and my business allowed me access to many great deals on superb guitars.
I will either follow the advice of the person about things like photobucket or post them on my own website which might be a mistake considering people who make such statements are oft times punitive and might try to crash my site but I think I can weather pretty much anything people like that can throw.
I  will be coming back here one last time to list place to go to see a small part of my collection so if anyone can answer why I could not u/l the photos. I am baffled by that part. The poor behavior is something we all run into once in a while. Let me know if you want to see any or all the others I mentioned. Please do not mistake this as an attempt to sell anything. There are places where that is appropriate and this is not one of them.

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 05:20:25 PM »
Oh Yeah! Almost forgot!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

And for you derogatory experts I assume you know that Washburn no longer deals directly with people and that you would have to go thru a particular business to deal with them?

Darn weird how people with such volumes of irrefutable knowledge miss little important things like that.

I thought the last one was way too long so I violated my resolve to make only one last post here Please excuse me, I am human unlike some of you.

So rather than have you angry ones say I did not list the location of the photos I am clearly telling you the address will be in the next and last post I make her.
May my fingers fall of should I become so insane as to subject my self to this ever again.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:28:10 PM by whread »

Offline whread

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 06:42:35 PM »
Hey Forum!

Rather than learn how to use those other ways to let you see a dash of what I have I just got done making a hasty page where you can see the photos I mentioned .

www.whread.com/music

That link will redirect you to an outside site not affiliated in any way with The Washburn Forum.
The Guitars and Amps and all other items in the photos are NOT for sale.

Please respect the property of others and so not attempt to do harm at that site.

You can click on any photo and download a fairly hi resolution photo so you can look closely.

Again if you want to see some of the others I mentioned or all of them you will find an email link there so just ask and give me some time and I'll put them up there. I had thought about doing this anyway so one positive thing came from all this BS.

I have well over $100,0000 worth of Guitars. I have no need to Counterfeit an $800 guitar or perpetuate such a criminal act another may have performed?
In fact I think doing such things is just plain bad and inexcusable. And in the end it harms all of us including the counterfeiter.
Darned stupid if you ask me.

I had been a Home building Contractor. Then due to injuries  I became a Guitar/Amp/Effects locator/purchaser for 3 very wealthy collectors.
Being a polite, decent person gave me a fairly high level of success and I learned early on I do not know everything and the real World if full of things no one can imagine. Another part of that achievement as small as it was is Do Not Let Self Promoting Experts Intimidate You.
They have entirely different motivations compared to normal people. Try to get them to act better but if that is not possible stop wasting your time.
I apologize for letting off here. I just got done with heart surgery last Thursday and this is a very unnecessary stress.
No big thing but it is why I will not post here any further. All that keeps happening is 'I know it's not a Washburn because I know it's not a Washburn." With none of them advancing any shred of evidence for their position why should I submit to their perhaps ill founded demands?

For those of you who have odd. one of a kind or any other Washburn's that do not fit into he catalogs remember what Washburn said they make and made all kinds of things like that and they did not track them at all.

Post your photos and ignore the naysayers, if many do this the naysayers will retreat back under their moldy rocks.

For you naysayers - I feel your pain, I understand your hurt but I cannot tolerate the damage you attempt to do. Please consider being a bit more polite, support your statements with something more than 'I think so' and remember you are in the minority. You are louder but there are less of you.
No more postings here but maybe I have to the same thing at the other thread, so far no.
I will not submit to the tyranny of the loud and aggressive. Send me an email and we can be aggressive together in a more appropriate place than this supposedly place to express and exchange ideas.
I put mu money where my mouth is why don't you?

Goodbye Washburn Forum - it has not be a pleasure.
Wish it had.
I am sure there are a bunch of decent humans involved here and I wish I had had the chance to talk about my favorite topic - Guitars.

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:49 PM »
WOW!

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »
Cmone, admit it, you're a raelian
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 09:47:17 PM »
This has been one of the oddest threads on here.  I hope you do well with your heart problems.  Tom.   😊

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »
I'm surprised he didnt take up my offer, a 1200.00 bass for proof of purchase lol. :)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums