Username: Password:

Author Topic: D 10 N  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Danjaco1

• View Profile
D 10 N
« on: May 20, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »
Hi all, newbie here.
I have a Washburn D 10 N, with serial number 9104000530.
This was purchased new by me sometime in the early 90's. I forget what the cost was but think it was a good bit more than $100, but definitely way less than $500.
It does not have a case, and has had little use. It seems to be it decent condition, but does have some minor scratches (and a lot of dust). It's been in a bedroom closet for the last 20+ years.
I bought it on a whim thinking I would revisit my childhood attempts at guitar lessons using a reasonably decent guitar, but I think I made a poor choice as I didn't spend a lot of time looking and believe it's a bit big for my small hands. So it didn't get used much and sat in the closet.
In any event, I'm planning to sell it and any information on value or tips on where or how it might be sold would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to know something more about it so I don't list it for too high, or too low. Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any responses! Regards, Dan   

Offline Danjaco1

• View Profile
Re: D 10 N
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »
Oh, and I could post pictures of it if anyone is interested in seeing them. I'd like to clean it up first, but before I even touch it I'd like to find out the best way to do that without using anything that's bad for it. (yep, I really am that clueless!) 

Offline Sextant1951

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:42:45 PM »

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Your D10N is a basic, entry level starter guitar.  Laminate wood construction.  if it was a D10S it ouwld have a solid top and laminate back and sides.

Here is a bit more skinny.
D10
- dreadnought style, select spruce top, round soundhole, black pickguard, three-stripe bound body and rosette, mahogany back/sides/neck, 14/20-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay, rosewood bridge with pearl dot black pins, three-per-side chrome Grover tuners, available in Black, Blueburst, Natural, Trans. Red, or Sunburst finish, mfg. 1990-2000.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
$245 $125 - 175 $75 - 100
Last MSR was $350.

So, w/o a case it's worth about $50-$75 dollars.