Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pawnshop D10N  (Read 2222 times)

Offline jdk

• View Profile
Pawnshop D10N
« on: June 21, 2014, 11:37:52 AM »
I was looking for an electric guitar(tekecaster at a small pawn shop idn't find anything I was interested in. As I was leaving I noticed a guitar case over in the corner with Washburn logo on it. I asked if that case had a guitar in it and he said it did and opened the case. He handed me the guitar and I played it for a minute. Wow !! most beautiful sound came out of that thing. The fingering was perfect and it was love at first sight :). I bought it for $100 and took it home. From the serial number (9009000240)I think it is a 1990 D10N. The plastic saddle was damaged a little so I replaced it with a bone saddle. I have never heard a laminated guitar sound that good. I am now a fan of Washburns.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:55:47 AM by jdk »

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: Pawnshop D10N
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Nice score on the D10.  $100 w/ the case is a good price, not a killer deal but a good price.  Switching the saddle to bone is almost always a good move.  Well done.  1990 is probably right.  Here is a abit more skinny.

D10
- dreadnought style, select spruce top, round soundhole, black pickguard, three-stripe bound body and rosette, mahogany back/sides/neck, 14/20-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay, rosewood bridge with pearl dot black pins, three-per-side chrome Grover tuners, available in Black, Blueburst, Natural, Trans. Red, or Sunburst finish, mfg. 1990-2000.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
$245 $125 - 175 $75 - 100
Last MSR was $350.

Offline jdk

• View Profile
Re: Pawnshop D10N
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »
Thanks for the welcome evenkeel. I may have gotten a better price if I had argued a little but being truly suprised by finding this guitar in original case and offer was not bad I ecepted it. I am not dissapointed as I said before this was truly a love at first sight. Now I have to get back to pawnshop searching.