Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn 5238 Advice Request  (Read 1438 times)

Offline jbf

• View Profile
Washburn 5238 Advice Request
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
Please be advised that some of the attached photos may upset the faint of heart. 
I am looking for advice about the repair of my Washburn 5238 acoustic guitar.  I am preparing to sell the guitar but cannot decide if I should have it repaired prior to offering it for sale or sell it and allow the new owner to have it repaired by "their guy".  The side of the body has a huge split but it does not appear to be a result of impact since there is no contact point unless it was at the strap button which is no longer present.  The rest of the guitar shows well.   Does anyone have a strong opinion either way or does it matter?  Thank you in advance for your time and advice. 
John Flynn

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:42:32 PM by jbf »

ship of fools

Re: Washburn 5238 Advice Request
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »
if it was me I would have it fixed first by someone who knows what they are doing as it sits you might get around 300 550 fixed will increase the price up to around the 800 area maybe a touch higher. ship around 200 250 to have it properly cleated

Offline jbf

• View Profile
Re: Washburn 5238 Advice Request
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
Thank you for your perspective ship of fools.  I have been told that the repair can run $20-30 per inch and this one is probably 24 inches.  I am a little concerned about ending up selling the guitar just to pay for the repair.