Username: Password:

Author Topic: St. Louis Connection  (Read 4652 times)

Offline marcus00

• View Profile
St. Louis Connection
« on: April 18, 2005, 06:40:36 PM »
I'm looking for another guitar player in the St. Louis area to play with whose more interested in the sound and quality than wanting just to gig.  I would say I'm a pretty good intermediate player but will play with people who have the basics down and want to learn.  I like classic acoustic rock and country and modern country.  I'm still working on being a good blues guitarist so maybe somebody could advance my skills.    I like to gig but really only interested in the playing part until there is great music and timing.  Practice 2x a week if fine with me on Sundays and during the week  If you like to play Harry Chapin, Jim Croce and other similar stles then we can probably get along.  I also play classic rock on an acoustic like ZZTop, Rolling Stones, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Blue Oyster Cult.  To me playing electric guitar rock and roll note for note in an acoustic arrangement is beautiful.  Try my cell (317) 374-2262.
MEP

Offline dennistruckdriver

• View Profile
St. Louis Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 09:33:53 PM »
I just joined the Washburn site tonight, and noticed that no one had replied to your post in the six months since you put it up.  I live in the St. Louis area, and want to let you know that someone else saw your post.
Maybe I'll run into you ad Frederick's or The Beale on Broadway some night.
DTD

Offline Styles

• View Profile
St. Louis Connection
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:12:29 AM »
I live in Pheonix... and have the same problem getting people to play with...

Until I started going to open mic and talking to the pleople who play stuff I like..

Its so much easier when people practicing have the same goals and interests..

Rock on..[8D]