Username: Password:

Author Topic: is there any other way to retrive the serial number on an AB 20  (Read 1720 times)

Offline hologramwasa

• View Profile
Hi,
about 10 years ago i had an accident and broke the upper neck of my AB 20 (i bought that one back in 1994/95).
Since i moved a lot in that time it stranded at a buddys   place. Well and some month ago i got it back.

So i brought it to a proper german "Zupfinstrumentenbauermeister" and did a complete rebuild of the neck !
He did a good job but accidentally overprinted the serial on the head well that is where the bass was broken. Since i cannot find any older documentation about the serial that machine had, i want to ask if you know of a different way to regain that number ?

Thank you in advance

Philipp

PS. It plays and sounds as good as new, now .... :D

Offline psp742

• buy, upgrade, learn to play.. yup!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.squier-talk.com
Re: is there any other way to retrive the serial number on an AB 20
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »
Washburn has a poor reputation on keeping record of electric guitar or bass guitar serial number, i doubt that they can tell you what your serial is, usually with all my electric guitars...  i take a picture of entire guitar headstock body pickups serial number and post i my photobucket or photo webhosting or computer as a record of my collection.  If you did not take a picture before you had it repaired, then there is nothing that can be done, except enjoy playing it.
88 Force ABT B-30 MR
90 Festival EA20B
94 Bantam XB600 BkFlam
96 Bantam XB400 Bttrsctch
97 Maverick BT-4 Tobaccobrst
98 Maverick BTM MR/DMB
98 Bantam XB-500 Bk
98 Maverick BT-6 MtlFlkBk
01 RB2000 Bk
04 WG587 MR
05 Xseries X-33 Bk
05 Idol WI64 Bk