Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn HB 35 DL  (Read 10068 times)

Offline SamIV

• View Profile
Re: Washburn HB 35 DL
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »
It is on Ebay, but I spoke with the seller and can probably get you the price that he offered me. They are asking $575 now.  Is there a way to get a private message here to someone?

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
    • REO Shitwagon, Uncooperatives, Voodoo Sun
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
email me; corey . macdonald @ gmail . com (remove spaces)
Dean Dime Razorback (V255)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn KC-70, KC90, KC-Prototype (mystery git)
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline SamIV

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 02:18:54 PM »
It is listed on ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/WASHBURN-HB-35-Guitar-/191307136683?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c8acb3eab

I spoke with the lister and was quoted a much better price.  Is there any way to pm you on this forum.  I could copy you the email that offers a better price. 

Another Korean listed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Washburn-HB30-Semi-Hollow-Electric-Guitar-Wine-Red-w-Hard-Shell-Case-/261594221572?pt=Guitar&hash=item3ce83b0c04

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
If I sent you the money and we arrange a private deal I could pay you for your trouble? My email is posted above ^^ we can work it out personally if you want.
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline SamIV

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 06:54:44 AM »
Sent you an email.

Offline SamIV

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »
Finally received the guitar via Texas to Colorado then to Louisiana. Long story, I bought the guitar from a guitar player who played in a band called Williams Riley.  Videos of the band on youtube and they are a very good county band. They are no longer together from what I understand, but played a show in Colorado after a three year hiatus this past Saturday.  He brought the guitar with him to the show and sent it back with one of the band members who lives about 1/2 hour from me.  No shipping charges.

Now about the guitar.  I was expecting a little better build quality from how these are praised honestly.  You can see lots of filler on the inlays. I really like the neck though.  Nice and slim and the frets were in pretty good shape. Needed a little cleaning and the fret board was quite dry.  Frets will need a little dressing in some areas, but overall for the a guitar that I believe is 30 years old, in quite good condition. The saddles and bridge are very tarnished though, but the tuners are in good shape.  The serial number starts with 82.  Would that be the year of origin?

No sound out of the pickups, but the battery was dead I am sure, and I did not have a 9 volt to replace it.  Sounds very good acoustically. Probably will replace the pickups and and pots and make it a conventional two tone and two volume guitar.  I need to get rid of the smell though.  It smells like it has been in an old case for years.  Any hint how to do this?  It has the original case minus the handle. 

Only played it unplugged so for, but happy with it so far.  I will know in a few days if it is going to stay with me. 

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »
My old Warwick bass with actives is rusting and smells like piss and beer but still sounds fantastic live. Just gives it character ;)

Not sure how you would remove the smell though.
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline SamIV

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 02:55:06 PM »
But it kinda smells like a grandmother.  Not that a grandmother smells bad, just don't think it should smell like a grandmother.

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:43 AM »
Sounds like mold, you're going to need something rather acidic....

Try polishing it with some guitar polish from your local git store, lemon oil up that neck and maybe throw some silica gel packets inside the hollow body as a start.

If that doesn't work might want to try a weak mixture of bleach and water (weak mixture) to clean off the mold.

Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline SamIV

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 11:19:53 AM »
Think I am just going to leave it open for some time to air out.  It has been sitting up for 3 years in a 30 year old case that does look thirty years old.  I appreciate your advice though.

This guitar is definitely staying.  It plays so effortlessly. I have to go up a string gauge to compensate how slinky the strings are.  Really like the feel of the neck and it looks to be a five piece neck as well.  And I did fix the pickups.  Cleaned  some kind of corrosion on the circuit board eq thingy and put a new battery in it and the pickups worked fine.  They are a bit bright.  I have plenty of replacements here so that probably will happen.  Going to keep all the original pieces, but will eventually wire it up like a conventional 2 volume, 2 tone, double humbucker guitar.  I don't get the eq thingy on the guitar, if that is what it is at all.

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
Cheers! Enjoy. I always love new toys :)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums