Username: Password:

Author Topic: your current guitar collection?  (Read 187566 times)

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
your current guitar collection?
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2009, 06:40:32 AM »
Hi Rosco and welcome to the forum. Well that collection had me dribbling on my keyboard, thanks for sharing.
With regards to your Washburn bass, I've put a link to a site that may help you identify it but on first inspection you have the Scavenger body shape with the Vulture Pickup selection. Bit of a nice mix. You could also try looking on the Matsumoku Site link I have also put below.

http://www.g3h.be/wings/

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/models.html

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2009, 06:46:13 AM »
Rosco, what a beautiful collection. And welcome to the forum.
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline Rosco

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2009, 08:54:11 AM »
Guys, thanks for the welcome ..

Cornish boy, yes checked out the sites and I agree with your observations, Scavenger body with Vulture pups .. doesn't look modified so I assume it was built that way.  It is a beautiful bass to play, neck is so easy to play and such rich tones, and thats from a guitar player, I am not a bass player by any means.  Friend who is has just sold me the HB-35 is a real Washburn fan and he talked me into buying the bass, and I am glad he did .. it and the Yamaha BB5000 are 2 special bass axes.

I really have fallen in luv' with the older Japanese made axes, the exquiste workmanship that went into building them, the beautiful tones of the aged timber all combine for very special guitars that in their day were superb and in some cases quite expensive in their day.  I feel forunate that we can buy them for such a reasonable cost.

cheers
Rosco

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tio Kimo

EdMan57

good to see your name on here man. You were contributing when I first started lurking, got alot form some of your posts, and haven't seen you since!...Cheers!

Thanks for the nice words,Tio.I really should visit the site more often,and I'm glad that I visited today.

[:)]

Btw,since my august '09 post I have bought a mint '07 ESP Potbelly PB-500 in antique sunburst with Duncan Alnico II's that sounds,looks and plays great.I also purchased a clean black USA built '96 Peavey Fury bass modded with a DiMarzio Model P pickup,CTS pots,Switchcraft jack [moved from guard to bass body] and a custom black pearl guard.

[8D]

Ed

My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn Laredo LT-92,USA Hamer Studio,'95 American Fender Custom Strat,'06 American Standard Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline dslayden1

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »
I have a washburn v class wv16g12 and saw on ebay a guy selling the same guitar and sead it was made for dimebage is this true or not.

Offline BadHorsie

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2010, 02:09:38 PM »
'59 Harmony H49 Jupiter Stratotone (Natural)
'79 Washburn A20 (Transparent red)
'80 Washburn Eagle (Ivory)
'85 Ibanez DB700 (Destroyer bass)

Offline Tour18

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:01 PM »
This is my first post here at Washburn. My first post ever at a musicians site. Actually this was the second thread I opened, intending only to read. I'm a classic rock, alternative fan. Before I begin listing my guitar stuff, let me make it clear that all of you are most certainly way out of my league musically. I won't even play a guitar at Guitar Center before I buy it. Don't want to run off their customers...

I could not play 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' from beginning to end if you put a pistol to my head. I don't play in a band or anything like that. It just blows me away that if you plug a Les Paul Standard or Clapton Strat straight into a Marshall stack, out comes Duane Allman/Eric Clapton sounds (depending on the speakers) just like you were on stage at Fillmore East or Prince Albert Hall with Cream. I love God knows whatever you call it that a Les Paul with ceramics makes come out of a Mesa Rectifier. I play to make that Hendrix talking to God in Midnight, Howe's Tarkus battlefield war cry, Welch's heart melting Future Games intro with my own fingers. Very little Avenged Sevenfold, Finger Eleven, Flyleaf, Metallica, Santana after midnight so as not to scare the civilians...

It is fair to say I am spoiled. Did it to myself, all by myself. I am guilty.

I hunt duende. I can't read music. I've never had a lesson. I can't play a single song. I don't know a single chord by name. I tune my guitar to match the part. I have a SRV Strat and Les Paul that stays tuned (untuned) just for War Heroes/Cry of Love/Mahogany Rush/Stevie Ray stuff.

No songs, but I can definitely stitch enough phrases together to assure you that there are no insects or vermin living in my Taj Garaj. At least none that can hear. My next door neighbor has Harleys and with his Marshall stack, a full drum and kit in his music room. No middle of the night complaining from him. The next nearest neighbor is way across the golf course.

So there you have it. Back to the subject of my guitars... I'm glad this thread didn't ask for pictures as I have not yet read the Washburn pic posting instructs for the site. My principal guitar gear:

Guitars:
Washburn WM100
Gibson Hawk, Gibson Nashville, black
Gibson Les Paul Special SL, gloss red
Gibson Les Paul Special SL, gloss black
Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite, Cherry Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Studio, black
Gibson Les Paul Classic, Heritage Cherry Burst
Gibson Les Paul Custom, Alpine White
Gibson Les Paul Supreme, black
Gibson Les Paul SG Guitar Center Special, pewter hardware & metal flake black nitro
Fender Strat 62, Fiesta Red, repop
Fender Strat Eric Johnson, maple burst
Fender Strat HiWay 1, red, absolutely stock Stratocaster tone
Fender Strat Stevie Ray Vaughn (fingerboard wood 1)
Fender Strat Stevie Ray Vaughn (fingerboard wood 2)
Fender Strat Eric Clapton, Blackie
Gretsch Synchromatic Malcolm Young II, natural (my country and western guitar)
Greco 1980 Les Paul Custom, black, w/Gibson '57 PAFs, from an USN submariner nuke(Absolutely best $500 I ever spent. Ever.)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser, maroon, w/EMGs
Jackson DK2, Hot Rod yellow/blue flames with EMGs
LTD Kirk Hammet KH603, w/EMGs
Epiphone SG G400, black
Paul Reed Smith Pre Factory CE24 stoptail, charcoal, maple cap
Paul Reed Smith Pre Factory CE24 tremelo, w/McCarty switching, solid mahogany, burgundy nitro
Paul Reed Smith Pre Factory CE24 tremelo, raspberry, maple cap
Hohner GT3 Steinberger w/EMGs, black
Chinese, plywood (I'm sure), $69 delivered, Les Paul I bought to hang on the wall like a cheap poster.

Tube Amps:
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 w/twp JCM 900 1936 cabinets, one with Celestion English G12H's, one with Celestion Vintage 30's
Mesa Single Rectifier with single Mesa oversize 4-12 Rectifier cabinet half stack
Mesa Boogie Stilleto Duece with single Mesa oversize 4-12 Rectifier cabinet half stack
Fender Texas Red Hot Rod Deluxe w/Celestion G12 Vintage 30 for Stevie Ray work
Mesa F30 really for Paul Reed Smith duty when I get in a Carlos Santana mood
Crate Blue Voodoo 50 with Crate 4-12 cabinet with only Crate knows what kind speakers that break up instantly, half stack
Marshal AVT150 Valvestate Combo because it had an acoustic simulator built in. And I don't play country. Go figure...
Marantz zillion watt SR800 series amp with Advent speakers all over the Taj for live fire version of Guitar Hero
Crown PB-2 Power Base zillion watt amp (I never took out of the box)for something in the future. Hmmm...
I'm sure there is stuff I overlooked and errors I will correct as you or I find them.

Hope you guys and gals don't mind me hanging out. I've never had the courage to participate in a music forum or play a guitar in front of another human being. The other day I was watching something on cable with my rock heros, the who's who's of guitar players, and I never heard such out of tune, disorganized, displeasing to the ear noise in my life. My GAWD!! I was embarrased for some of them. Suddenly I realized I too can make decent noise. I could have been up there distubing the universe with the Rolling Stone A-Team and nobody would have noticed it was musically challenged moi.

So here I am. I have a Washburn that I love. And I am particpating. In the future, please just ignore me if I post something stupid and I will get the hint.

Offline Tour18

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »
I guess my account wasn't activated. Now I suddenly see all the eye watering pictures of your gear. I will grab a camera and get with the program.

Offline brad22386

• View Profile
    • http://boogiestreet.com/boogieboard/viewtopic.php?t=9216
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »
Non-current all sold or traded guitar collection:

Washburn Custom Shop USA 3ST Stealth

1999 Washburn Custom Shop USA Dime-3 DimeBolt

Washburn Dime Trans Black ST-Pro

Current guitar collection:

Washburn USA Custom Shop x81 Face Eraser

ESP Standard Horizon FR-II

Offline awahrlich

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2010, 07:44:16 AM »
I have a Rare Washburn CB 400 Custom shop Electric Acoustic solidbody in perfect condition. If anyone is interested in this guitar I can make it available on ebay. Please let me know if there is interest out there.                 Thank You

Offline SuperRick

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »
Wow!  Lots of nice guitars here![:p]  I don't have to many guitars but the few I have I really, really like.[:D]

From left to right is my mutt, discarded poplar Warmoth body mated to a Meanstreet prototype neck.  I call it Green Eddie.

In the back hiding is an '87 Kramer Striker 300st.  Fantastic neck, everyhting else is junk.

'06 Kramer 1984 RI.  One of my all time favorite guitars.

Up top is my '82 Burny RLC60 LP Custom.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.................

My custom built Southeast Guitars Custom Marvel.  Hand made by Warren Parker in Alabama.  All the goodness of a Charvel SD with proper knob placement and imo a better looking headstock.

Topside is my '06 Washburn WI50V Idol.  Incredible guitar!

'84 Kramer Focus 1000.  Whats not to like?  Made in Japan by ESP.  She rips!

'88 Kramer LK2.  Again, made in Japan by ESP.  Top quality.

'06 First Act Sheena.  Huge suprise here.  Excellent quality throughout.  Plays great and sounds mean.

Mutt Kramer Pacer.  '86 body that was never used and '87 Pacer neck.  That is actually a three piece body with some unique grain patterns.  Dark Tung oiled and almost ready for the electronics and hardware.

You Like Guitar Rock?
www.SuperRick.bandcamp.com

Offline Daman

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
Will comment on what I play later, but -- having just joined -- a heads-up to those looking for Washburn pick-ups to contact Fat Dog and his cohorts at Subway Guitars in Berkeley
Subway Guitars
www.fatdawg.com
(510) 841-4106
1800 Cedar St, Berkeley, CA

I traded in my 1981-2 Eagle Maple to him maybe 6 years back, he's got zillions of parts and may still have those pick-ups . . .

Offline Mauro Ricciardi Leira

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »
•brasilian made Tagima strat 735
•Tagima PR100
•Hofma full HG285
•Washburn WR154
•Washburn X50

That's all for now. I can cove preatty much all styles with those. As I play just for hobby, my time is spent trying out various styles and sound. But now a days I am trying to play Vivaldi (some parts from four seasons) at the guitar: punchy, heavy metal has a parent!!

Mauro

Offline faceraser

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »
Washburn N4 Alder w/Davies specs.
    Washburn N4  Cognac finish quilt Maple over Mahogany.
    Music Man Petrucci in Mystic Dream
    Charvel San Dimas Candy Tangerine w/rosewood board
    Charvel San Dimas Trans Kandy Magenta w/maple board
    ESP the Mirage
    Oscar Schmidt beater.

Offline ljlrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2011, 01:06:42 PM »
Only a handfull for me!

-Washburn G-8V that used to be Pearl White but has turned a cool faded yellow with age!

-Washburn PS7000 Preacher Black\\Grey sunburst (my new baby)
-Fender Precision Bass the Geddy Lee model

Used to have a 1977 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass in Tobacco Sunburst that was stolen [:(!]