Username: Password:

Author Topic: installing Antares digital kit?  (Read 822 times)

Offline dialoquese

• View Profile
installing Antares digital kit?
« on: November 05, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »
First things first - I could not want for a better axe than my Oscar Schmidt both to play and to listen to. I had the wammy-bar springs locked and now it stays in tune just fine.( My Stat is second fiddle)
 I once jammed at a buddies place - - He with his American Les Paul and me with my Washburn. ( On a 4x12 big-box cab driven by a 300 watt Rectifier). The man was deeply concerned that my Chinese made slab was just as ripping sound-wise as his axe. Inequities prevail everywhere but the fact that his "sound"cost him $2500 and mine less than $200 sort of had him frowning all that evening. She's a darling and ... no, I don't wanna sell it. Sez I.  ;)

Although the temptation is always there, I don't like the concept of dragging around a big metal  box full of pedals - - and aside from compression and sustain the sound will stand on it own. But I like very much - the idea of instant alternate tuning. Along comes the Antares conversion kit and the wheels start turning. 'Anyone ever heard of turning this particular guitar into a hybrid??