Username: Password:

Author Topic: D 10 E  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Randy K

• View Profile
D 10 E
« on: November 18, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »
I purchased this guitar new in 1996.   I have not been able to find much info about it and I have recently put it up for sale on Ebay.   Any help or advice on the going market rate for it.  It's an excellent guitar for beginners.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Washburn-D10E-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-with-hardshell-case-/191417405512?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: D 10 E
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 03:26:09 PM »
The D10E is an all-laminate dreadnought size acoustic/electric guitar. It most likely has a spruce soundboard and mahogany backs and sides. The D10 series is well respected here on the forum for their good value and playability.

As for current value, I would speculate in the $100 range if it is in excellent condition, but your case may also add some value.

If you can provide us with a serial number one of our historians may be able to provide year of manufacture as well as value for various degrees of condition.

All in all, it's a GREAT beginner guitar for someone who is large enough to hold it comfortably. The only guitars larger than dreadnoughts are the Jumbo series...so a smaller person or child may not be comfortable with this guitar. A beginner does not necessarily need the sound quality/improvement provided by a guitar with a solid-wood soundboard, and certainly not an all solid wood guitar, as some very rigorous care responsibilities come with those types of guitar. This all laminate guitar sounds as good now as it ever will, but you can take it to the beach or the mountains and enjoy a campfire guitar that is durable and not as prone to damage if somebody tips a chair over onto it, that sort of thing.  The fact that it has a pickup and can be played through an amp or a PA system is just icing on the cake.

Hang on, perhaps one of our historians with a Blue Book can give you more accurate information regarding the value...I'm just guessing.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC