Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Member Question.  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Sonic Warrior

• View Profile
New Member Question.
« on: December 12, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »
Greetings to all. Just acquired a used Model D10SCE. Seller said the guitar is about 7 years old. The top appears to be Cedar. I am familiar with the color and grain of Cedar
Was there a choice of woods used for the top on this model? I Saw a Catalog dated Jan.  2007. In this, the D10SCE model came with a Solid Spruce top. Anyway, so far, I am impressed with the instrument. Thanks, and I am happy to be here.... Vincent
Guitar Slinger,.. Got Blues?..... In tune?. Heck no. Cowboys are the only ones who ever stay in tune. Fender Koa Strat, Washburn D10SCE. Epiphone Valve Senior Amp. Full time Hendrix Nut.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: New Member Question.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 06:51:47 PM »
Hi, Vincent...you have a very highly regarded guitar. The D10S model, of which yours is a CE (cutaway body with onboard electronics) was one of the best values Washburn ever offered. I am not aware of any produced with a cedar top, although I guess anything is possible, but the D01S models were to my knowledge almost all solid wood spruce soundboard with laminated mahogany (or sapele, a variety of wood very similar to mahogany) sides and back. That is a nice combo...the solid wood soundboard will improve the tone of the guitar as it ages and the mahogany sides and back give the piece a nice, woody sound. Washburn did make a D10S model with laminated rosewood sides and back...the Deluxe model designated as D10SDL. Rosewood gives the bass notes a bit better definition and is a bit less "woody" sounding.

Could you post some pics? I have a couple of Washburns with cedar tops and they are very different, one is streaked with quite dark bands and the other is very light...same model, the WMJ21S...I mention this because not all cedar has a redish hue. Port Orford cedar is quite bright, in fact...almost white. If you do have a D10S with a cedar top, you have a quite rare piece, indeed.

Cheers, and welcome to the forum!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Sonic Warrior

• View Profile
Re: New Member Question.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »
Thanks, Dugly. Good to feel welcome here. No problem on the Pics. I have owned guitars since 1972. My first Washburn. Better late than never. LOL. Will post some pics soon. Happy Christmas. War is Over... J. L.
Guitar Slinger,.. Got Blues?..... In tune?. Heck no. Cowboys are the only ones who ever stay in tune. Fender Koa Strat, Washburn D10SCE. Epiphone Valve Senior Amp. Full time Hendrix Nut.