Username: Password:

Author Topic: D26S  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Freddy Evans

• View Profile
D26S
« on: January 14, 2007, 11:03:02 PM »
I purchased a new D26S, Serial Number 7831, in the 1970's.  After I played Martin, Gibson, Alvarez and several other top brands I decided the Washburn was the best.

Due to college, marriage, working and other circumstances, I didn't have or take time to play.  I recently started playing again and love it.  I actually started learning to play when I was about  six years old.  This D26S is in excellent condition. I just put new strings on and realized this is only the third set of strings.

Just curious about the present value of my guitar.  I wouldn't consider selling it, just want to know for curiosity's sake.

Can anyone tell me the value or direct me to someone that can?

Thank you!

Offline Pike

• View Profile
D26S
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:02:06 AM »
Hi Freddy, she's worth between $325 and $375. 1977 Japanese build, solid cedar top, mahogany back and sides. Got any pics?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:04:10 AM by Pike »

Offline Freddy Evans

• View Profile
D26S
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 08:07:41 AM »
Hello Pike.

Thanks for the prompt reply!  I figured her to be worth @ $350, give or take.  I don't have the gismo to upload pics at present, but plan to do that in the next few days.  Thanks again for your assistance. I appreciate it very much!

Freddy

Offline Freddy Evans

• View Profile
Re: D26S
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:01:43 AM »
 :)  Well, eight years later, I accidently discovered this old thread about my D-26 S.  Still in wonderful condition, not a scratch on it.  Sounds great and very loud!  A great bluegrass guitar.  Any ideas about its worth today?  Eight years ago it was @ $350.  Still in same condition as then.  Thank you.

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: D26S
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 12:52:50 PM »
Welcome back.  Unfortunately the guitar is probably not worth any more than it was 8 years ago, maybe even a bit less.  The guitar market mirrors the real estate market.  2007 was a high water mark for both.  Then the crash.  Both are rebounding but in general not back to 2007 levels.