Username: Password:

Author Topic: HB30  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Dave B

• View Profile
HB30
« on: April 01, 2015, 02:50:22 PM »
Just joined this forum. I have recently bought an HB 30 in good condition for very little. Plays very well and is my first semi in over forty years of playing. Any worthwhile mods for these guitars?

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Re: HB30
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:18 AM »
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum, it's a bit slow down here in this section.

I know a lot of folk pay way to much (IMHO) for pups re-wires etc for their instruments and always seem to be searching for that "Illusive Sound". Gets very expensive, and for some impossible to remember what the guitar sounded like in the first place. Personally I would take your guitar to a decent shop, and ask to try out a few different amps to see how it sounds through various models. As silly as it seems, I finished up buying a cheap second hand Peavey Amp which to my ears, made the guitar sound great in most settings. I paid what one good pickup would cost, and saved a lot of chopping and changing of parts in the search for personal sound.

You could try posting your question in this section    http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/board,51.0.html   There has been a few questions on this subject, and you may find some suggestions there.

Good luck on your quest........................