Username: Password:

Author Topic: My Slime Dime  (Read 1298 times)

Offline TheUltramatum

• View Profile
My Slime Dime
« on: November 15, 2015, 04:06:45 AM »
Hello,
This is my first post. I've been playing since I was 10, now 27. This isn't my first Washburn but it's the only one worth mentioning at the moment. I'm currently an LTD guy but pulled this out of storage and wanted to see if I could get more info on it. I bought it about 10 years ago just because I've always wanted one. I rarely use it and feel it should be passed on to someone who appreciates it more than I. It is missing 2 of the covers on the back of the body. The case it came in says made in Korea. Just curious as to model, USA made or not, how much it's worth, and where I can order plates for the back. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Offline TheViking

• View Profile
Re: My Slime Dime
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 10:26:08 AM »
Hi!  that's a Washburn 333 Korean model.  I guess you get somewhere around 500$ for the guitar

Offline TheUltramatum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
What's the clue that tells you it's Korean? What's the difference between US made and Korean?

Thanks for the help.

Offline TheViking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
The USA models starts with a D in the serial number,  and the headstock is also painted. It also has a original floyd rose installed. The backside of the guitar are not painted

Offline TheUltramatum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 12:20:02 PM »
Awesome thanks! So even though the Floyd says it's licensed it's not an original Floyd, just Washburns version of it?

Offline TheViking

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
Yes,  a licensed floyd is made in Korea.  The original floyd is schaller from Germany.  USA also come with Seymour Duncan pickups  :)