Username: Password:

Author Topic: wasburn D10SLTD  (Read 1709 times)

Offline dave72

• View Profile
wasburn D10SLTD
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:48:32 PM »
Hi all, new to the guitar scene. I bought a D10SLT the other day used. i understand the s means solid front face, if i am correct but not sure about the LT designation..Ive been looking around the web with no luck. any info would be appreciated. Thank YOU Dave

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: wasburn D10SLTD
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »
Hi all, new to the guitar scene. I bought a D10SLT the other day used. i understand the s means solid front face, if i am correct but not sure about the LT designation..Ive been looking around the web with no luck. any info would be appreciated. Thank YOU Dave

You have the finest of the D10S models. The "LTD" stands for "Limited".

So...the D10S model uses solid spruce for the soundboard and laminated mahogany (or sapele, a variant of mahogany) for the sides and back. Bindings are a white plastic-like substance called "ivoroid". It was generally considered one of the best bargains Washburn ever offered.

The LTD version still uses solid spruce for the soundboard, but it gets better from there. Instead of laminated mahogany/sapele for the sides and backs, Washburn used laminated rosewood, which yields much greater definition, IMHO, particularly in the bass tones. Instead of ivoroid bindings the LTD model uses real wood, which is much more attractive.

Others may have the Blue Book values...but these do not appear for sale very often.

Would you like to sell yours???

Cheers!!!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC