Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Dime 3 Confederate?  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Spleen

• View Profile
Washburn Dime 3 Confederate?
« on: October 04, 2015, 07:21:16 AM »
New user here. I searched around a few posts here but couldn't find anything definitive. I've been sitting on a confederate flag Dime for almost 20 years now and have always been kind of curious about its origins or what model it is. From the serial number (I assume) it was made in 95, since the serial starts with that. I've had it since around .. 98? Hard to remember exactly. I'd like to think that rules out foreign copies just by virtue of how long I've had it, but who knows - they work fast!

So my questions are : how do I tell if this is a Dime 3 or 333? I am assuming a 3 is more rare/valuable. Any tips/tidbits about that would be most helpful. It's neck-through, it's a non-wavy confederate pattern, floyd rose, a white neck pickup. Not sure the best way to ID these things. Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:26:22 AM by Spleen »

Offline Spleen

• View Profile
Re: Washburn Dime 3 Confederate?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »
Well it seems that it is the real deal, an early model Dime 3. So I guess add one more to the handful of them known to exist.

Would be interested to know any history about it or any info on it's value.

Offline dimevibrato

• View Profile
Re: Washburn Dime 3 Confederate?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 07:11:35 AM »
New user here. I searched around a few posts here but couldn't find anything definitive. I've been sitting on a confederate flag Dime for almost 20 years now and have always been kind of curious about its origins or what model it is. From the serial number (I assume) it was made in 95, since the serial starts with that. I've had it since around .. 98? Hard to remember exactly. I'd like to think that rules out foreign copies just by virtue of how long I've had it, but who knows - they work fast!

So my questions are : how do I tell if this is a Dime 3 or 333? I am assuming a 3 is more rare/valuable. Any tips/tidbits about that would be most helpful. It's neck-through, it's a non-wavy confederate pattern, floyd rose, a white neck pickup. Not sure the best way to ID these things. Thanks in advance!

You have pictures of this elusive guitar? It'd be nice to see